Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #1

UTV/ATV size loading

Hello everyone, New guy. Well first For the record I was probably mislead when I made the purchase. I have a 2021 Forest River Grey Wolf 18RR. If you look at the specs/dimensions it states 68" wide. Well the unit has a wheel well raised inside the unit measuring 64 3/4 inches. When you drive in the unit the wheels will go over the wheel well. The problem is it rated for any weight? It may be fine for Motorcycles etc but putting in a Atv/Utv because of 4 wheels as stated it has to go over the hump.( the hump is sheet metal and gives under my weight) I have a call (after going through multiple people) to their Factory but have not received any answers yet. Without a lot of discussion the dimensions they state don't match. Any ideas?
Folson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 AM   #2

Update... I noticed going through the forum that others have their machines on the Wheel well Hump? Hows that working out?
Old 09-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #3

Well just got the call from the Forest River folks. The 2021 Forest River Cherokee 18RR wheel well inside the unit is not engineered for weight. Basically a UTV/ATV etc cannot be driven on it. Thats bad for me. In talking with the forest river contact they are going to pass the info over to the engineer (S) because their specifications are not as stated.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
llr

you could build a wooden cover out of 2 by X lumber. Even if some weight is still on the wheel well it would be only a portion of the weight and distributed over a larger area and would probably be ok
TV 2024 F350 DRW Lariat Ultimate
Prior TV 2017 F150 6.5' bed 3.5 Eco-boost Max tow 1800lbs payload - sold 4/24
llr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #5

Yep exactly that is what mac04401 has suggested and even gave me a basic print as he did that on a RV. I am also looking on a welded Modified Z bracket from the frame to the wheel well. Whatever we do I'll try to post some pics.
Thanks

Tags
size