Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

What Chairs to get? Selling your Grey Wolf Chairs?

Hey everyone. I have had a Grey Wolf 26RR toy hauler for a little over a year and the Ikea chairs I got are simply too large. Looking for ideas on chairs to get. Specific to finding something that is similar in color to the existing light brown Grey Wolf vinyl/leatherette.

Or.. if anyone has the club chairs they want to sell.

Looking for the ones pictured, or an office chair that is the same color.
Attached Images

Mlipscomb923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:32 PM   #2
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

The two recliners that came in my 5'ver are the most uncomfortable chairs I think I've ever sat on in my life!

I used $10 Wallyworld lawn chairs that are more comfortable than these things...

I've put up with them for almost three years, and I just realized that since I started full-timing a little over two months ago, I've only sat in them maybe three times.

The cats get more use out of them than I do.

So, I've been on a quest to find something new to replace them with and I found a Stratolounger 1 1/2 recliner (also called a mini loveseat) that will take up about 2/3 the space that the two recliners take up.

It is $400, but is very comfortable and has a little extra room to spread out in...or share with someone special!

Plus, it comes in two boxes so it will fit through the entrance door.

Sunday I went to a large furniture store and looked at similar items and they had a much larger selection, but they were all assembled and would be too large to fit through an RV door!

I recently removed the couch and put a desk in it's place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerLivingroomFromStairs-P5160705.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	166414  
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

We have a 26RR AND bought 2 of these off Amazon for like $100 each.. the size/color is perfect and they are Comfy!! We Love themClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1522450772.236478.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	166644
Magsomal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

Was your interior black or did they come in another color that was closer to the Grey Wolf "panimino" color?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #5

I'm going to try these..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20180330-195017.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	166654  
Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #6

Our interior is called Mink.. our chairs are brown so they are darker than the couches -but they look great in there and they aren’t too big and bulky. They both fit nicely in front of the big window for viewing [emoji1303]
Old 04-01-2018, 07:43 AM   #7

How hard was it to take out the piece on the floor that was next to the window in your pic? Why did they even put that in?
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #8

I have not removed the wheel well from mine although I am considering it. It would require flipping the axles first for clearance. That will likely have a big effect on what I can pull into the toy hauler with the higher ramp angle.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlipscomb923 View Post
I have not removed the wheel well from mine although I am considering it. It would require flipping the axles first for clearance. That will likely have a big effect on what I can pull into the toy hauler with the higher ramp angle.
There are much better ways to raise the trailer than flipping the axle.

After what I've been through with my current 5'ver and previous TT, I know now that flipping a trailer axle will cause more issues than it is worth.

I didn't flip my axles, but had some major axle issues so I am now more informed on trailer axle theory!

And I'm out of pocket several thousands of dollars I could have spent on better things!
Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
There are much better ways to raise the trailer than flipping the axle.

After what I've been through with my current 5'ver and previous TT, I know now that flipping a trailer axle will cause more issues than it is worth.

I didn't flip my axles, but had some major axle issues so I am now more informed on trailer axle theory!

And I'm out of pocket several thousands of dollars I could have spent on better things!
I'm curious as to what issue you had. From a mechanical standpoint, the axle shouldn't care whether it's bolted above or below. The weight doesn't change, and the mounting location doesn't change?

It will obviously cause issues with ranp angles with the height increase.

I'm not trying to be a smart about the subject, but I am truly interested in the issues you ran into.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:31 AM   #11

Big Guy Chair Shopper

I've been shopping for a recliner for my 26RR for a few months now.

I recently decided to go with the Thomas Payne Euro Recliner XL.

Thomas Payne Collection Euro Recliner Chair, XL Euro Recliner Chair, Jaleco Espresso - Lippert Components Inc 643648 - Furniture - Camping World

I tested one out at a dealer locally a couple of weeks ago and I feel pretty sure I'm going to be happy after I order it in the next week or two. I'm 250 lbs., so, the XL is a nice fit and seems to be well made (steel frame). No weight rating on this chair, but it should do nicely I'd think for someone up to 300.

Dealer's first price was $100 cheaper than Camping World, and, no shipping.

I'm still going to see if he'll lower the price a bit more.

Hope this helps.

Happy trails,

CTSS
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TPERXL.PNG
Views:	200
Size:	703.9 KB
ID:	167421  
Old 04-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlipscomb923 View Post
I'm curious as to what issue you had. From a mechanical standpoint, the axle shouldn't care whether it's bolted above or below. The weight doesn't change, and the mounting location doesn't change?

It will obviously cause issues with ranp angles with the height increase.

I'm not trying to be a smart about the subject, but I am truly interested in the issues you ran into.
For one, trailer axles are not flat...

If they are, then you've got a big problem!

Trailer axles are bowed upward in the center, and if you flip the axle then your tires will be severely out of camber and will wear out very quickly on the inside edge!

To keep a long story short, the issue I had with my previous TT is that it came from the factory weighing 1040 pounds MORE than the two axles combined were rated for.

Put your stuff in there and any water in any of the tank and now it is severely overweight!

Found out the hard way about 1000 miles from home...
Old 04-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #13

By the way, a week after I dropped almost $4000 getting the above trailer fixed...I traded it in for my current 5'ver.

Since I had upgraded the axles, springs and all other suspension parts, plus went to a larger wheel and tire, it sat real high!

When the dealership asked if I had just flipped the axles, I replied that I hadn't (Duh! I had already explained to them the work I just had done to it), and they told me that had I flipped the axles they WOULD NOT accept the trailer as a trade in.

That trailer was just barely two years old with under 5000 miles on it.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsomal View Post
Our interior is called Mink.. our chairs are brown so they are darker than the couches -but they look great in there and they aren’t too big and bulky. They both fit nicely in front of the big window for viewing [emoji1303]
Can you post a pic on how the chairs look inside your 26RR? Thinking about chairs as well but concerned about the limited space. Thanks.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #15

We have been going thru the same process. We have purchased a simular one from Rooms To Go. It has a handle to raise/lower the foot rest rather than pressing down on the foot rest to retract. Price at rtg was less. Delivery in about 10 days. Have to get rid of the ones that came in out 5th wheel. 2 years old

2016 FR Wildcat 327re 5th wheel
2013 Ford F350SD
Freedom2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D View Post
Can you post a pic on how the chairs look inside your 26RR? Thinking about chairs as well but concerned about the limited space. Thanks.

I just looked through my pics & don’t have any. I will take some this weekend.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Sound Shooter View Post
I've been shopping for a recliner for my 26RR for a few months now.

I recently decided to go with the Thomas Payne Euro Recliner XL.

Thomas Payne Collection Euro Recliner Chair, XL Euro Recliner Chair, Jaleco Espresso - Lippert Components Inc 643648 - Furniture - Camping World

I tested one out at a dealer locally a couple of weeks ago and I feel pretty sure I'm going to be happy after I order it in the next week or two. I'm 250 lbs., so, the XL is a nice fit and seems to be well made (steel frame). No weight rating on this chair, but it should do nicely I'd think for someone up to 300.

Dealer's first price was $100 cheaper than Camping World, and, no shipping.

I'm still going to see if he'll lower the price a bit more.

Hope this helps.

Happy trails,

CTSS
Hold on gang, I've changed my mind!

Over the past week I test-sat three Thomas Payne RV recliners. I have given them scores (1-10):

1. The Thomas Payne Euro Recliner XL - 7.5
2. The Thomas Payne RV Pushback Recliner - 9
3. The Thomas Payne RV Swivel Glide Recliner - 8

So, it looks like I'm going to have to go with the Pushback Recliner because it was clearly the most comfortable chair of the three. The bonus is that it's about $100 cheaper than the Euro XL that I thought I was going to buy. The Euro looks great, but, the Pushback really lets you "sink in". I thought I wanted a swivel recliner, but, the Pushback comfort clearly wins.

(In the images below, the Pushback is the first one, the swivel is the second one and the Euro is the third.)

Hope this helps.

Happy Trails,

CTSS
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pushback.png
Views:	108
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	168124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Swivel glider.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	168125   Click image for larger version

Name:	TPERXL.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	703.9 KB
ID:	168126  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #18

I have 2 swivel recliners that came in our FR Wildcat that are 2 yo and in excellent condition. Located in NC if interested.

2016 FR Wildcat 327re 5th wheel
2013 Ford F350SD
Freedom2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Sound Shooter View Post
Hold on gang, I've changed my mind!

Over the past week I test-sat three Thomas Payne RV recliners. I have given them scores (1-10):

1. The Thomas Payne Euro Recliner XL - 7.5
2. The Thomas Payne RV Pushback Recliner - 9
3. The Thomas Payne RV Swivel Glide Recliner - 8

So, it looks like I'm going to have to go with the Pushback Recliner because it was clearly the most comfortable chair of the three. The bonus is that it's about $100 cheaper than the Euro XL that I thought I was going to buy. The Euro looks great, but, the Pushback really lets you "sink in". I thought I wanted a swivel recliner, but, the Pushback comfort clearly wins.

(In the images below, the Pushback is the first one, the swivel is the second one and the Euro is the third.)

Hope this helps.

Happy Trails,

CTSS
Really?

You found those comfortable???

Two of those are what came in my 5'ver from the factory, and they are the most worst chairs ever!

My cats are the only ones that ever use them...

If you are anywhere near southwestern New Mexico, I'm going to have two of them available real soon...

CHEAP!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ProwlerLivingroomFromStairs-P5160705.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	168185  
Old 04-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsomal View Post
i just looked through my pics & don’t have any. I will take some this weekend.

Name:	IMG_1523727849.877718.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	168229Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1523727876.124965.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	168230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1523727901.959869.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	363.9 KB