Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #41

Also I have no affiliation with the product or vendor I listed for the tire minder just passing on info for someone else to use.
Jrb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
I was wondering how we got from TPMS to maps,,,,,
Read through the thread.. you'll see it.

People were looking for ways not to have a separate monitor.on the dash which brought up Android head units and then maps as a replacement for a stand-alone GPS.

I get it. OP seems to be gone anyway.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Read through the thread.. you'll see it.

People were looking for ways not to have a separate monitor.on the dash which brought up Android head units and then maps as a replacement for a stand-alone GPS.

I get it. OP seems to be gone anyway.
Oh, I have read. I find it amusing how threads can go awry. But I have to admit it's been educational.
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
I was wondering how we got from TPMS to maps,,,,,
Post #24
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Well, we still use our phone more than half the time with our 2018 F-150. The GPS maps that come with the F-150 actually sucks. Its actually not that much different than other vehicles unless the vehicles use Google maps and get updates. What really pisses me off the most is that you have to pay to update the maps with this stupid system. Hope they change it someday. Most of the time we actualy use my wife's iPhone and use it through the display. To me, Ford's integration with Android leaves a lot to be desired which is why we use the Apple.

Ask, and yee shall receive. 2021 F-150 now comes with over the air navigation using Tom Tom. It is a subscription service though, trial period depends on the model, but for the first time ever, navigation is available, with a full screen, not arrows on the IP, but in a real display in the dash, on the XL models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wszApex245 View Post
I must confess, in major cities, I use WAZE for navigation. I mainly use WAZE for the traffic information. I have yet to find something better for traffic. If my kids are in the car, they tell me where all the Smokey the Bears are.

I will have to see if my 2019 F-150 requires a paid update on the GPS. So far I am not paying to monitor its location, oil life, or the ability to remotely start it provided there is cell service to the truck.

If you drive in portions of western New Mexico or southwest Utah, there areas that one can drive for 1-2 hours without cell service. What is more scary is you can drive 45-minutes without seeing head-on traffic. That meant at one point we were 90-miles apart. Very lonely feeling if assistance is needed.
There is a free update available. https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home Enter your SYNC ID.

What I truly want is a system that can integrate into my Kenwood Nav head unit in my F350 for the TPMS. I already have the truck talking to it, adding the trailer TPMS would be a great addition. What would also be nice is if I could change the navigation from the standard auto routing, to RV/Truck routing. Instead I have to use the Rand McNally dash shaker for that. You would think for a dash mounted unit they would at least make the mount solid enough so it doesn't shake like crazy over every bump. They have a good concept, just poorly implemented.

Having two devices on the dash going will be a pain.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Ask, and yee shall receive. 2021 F-150 now comes with over the air navigation using Tom Tom. It is a subscription service though, trial period depends on the model, but for the first time ever, navigation is available, with a full screen, not arrows on the IP, but in a real display in the dash, on the XL models.
Navigation is already full screen on my 2018 Lariat. Sorry...don't want a subscription service. I want it to incorporate Google maps with auto update like a lot of vehicles on the road. My friend's Audi has it and its free.

I have tried that update page before and just tried it again. Not sure its available free for vehicles sold in North America. You can update Sync 3 but not the database for maps.

Yep...just called their customer support...$40 plus shipping. They don't offer download map updates.

Back to TPMS.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #47

Carplay and AA do that now with the Sync3, so that is an option, but ties up the phone. Still waiting on more details on the new service, but being able to get full screen navigation on the lowest end vehicle is something new with the F-150. One needed to get a 302a XLT in order to get full nav and not just turn by turn.

In any case, what those of us with large trailers really need is an RV base navigation, something no one offers for built in units, nor for free on an app, the new RV app still requires a subscription to use it.

On the free updates, that must have been for 2018-19 only. Bummer.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
On the free updates, that must have been for 2018-19 only. Bummer.
2018 here...no free updates....ever on the system I have. You can update Sync3 for free. That was always free. Just not the map database.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:40 PM   #49

If I were smarter that is what I would have done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Download your route before you go.. no signal needed.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
2018 here...no free updates....ever on the system I have. You can update Sync3 for free. That was always free. Just not the map database.
Must have expired then. I have an 18 Platinum and got the free NA 1.19 update through that link, but checking it now, the site wont even come up for me to verify it's the same. Sorry about that, thought it was still valid.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #51
Georgia Rally Coordinator

TST 507. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:39 PM   #52

EEZ Tire yes

I’m with Springerdad. Love mine, super easy to setup all the right information sits right I front of me
Slevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #53

Tire Minder Smart TPMS because I wanted something on my phone. Less clutter on the dashboard. Plus I needed two sensors for my car (not towing) and this way I have sensors for my rv when on the road and the car when I'm at home without buying a second TPMS.
KevK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:31 PM   #54
RAR

We purchased the Tire Minder Smart TPMS. Little pricey but didn't want to have to find a place for another monitor.Comes with a small Bluetooth adapter that we just plug into a USB and then put it in the center console. Open the app check your connected and your good to go. Don't have to keep the app showing on your phone just don't close it out.Also comes with a signal booster we just went directly to the trailers battery with behind the propane tanks and no problem with signal.
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:32 PM   #55

PressurePro (https://www.pressurepro.us/)
Old 08-31-2020, 10:35 PM   #56

Maybe I’m the odd man out but this one is awesome. Doran manufacturing. Not sure if this link is allowed so please delete it if it’s not. I really enjoy this one. It measure tire air temp also. If a wheel bearing is getting real hot the air temp in the tire gets hot too, sounds an alarm for you to check you rig

https://doranmfg.com/tire-pressure-m...-and-trailers/
Nomamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #57

TST-507. Little story, driving around Indianapolis Indiana on 465 when alarm went off. Pulled over to check it out and found leak coming from valve stem. I knew metal valve stems were recommended but never took the time to changed them, well lesson learned they are all changed now. Also consider flow thur sensors, they are more $ but you dont have to take them off if you have to add air. Moral of the story , tire save no trailer damage but if I had not had monitor I would not have know until to late.
Crusader 340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:21 AM   #58

I went with the Sykik TPMS.
Can handle up to 22 tires, however, standard unit comes with 6 sensors. I added one for spare tire.
High and low alarms, high temp alarm as well.
Rechargable battery, so far has worked for 30 days and still has 1/2 battery left.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08175137H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_awMtFbZBGMPKB

Cheers!
Sparky220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms