Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

Winterizing My 2019 22RR?

Sorry to be such a pain in the butt! My dealer gets $150.00 and I would like to do it myself. I know about draining the hot water heater and the by pass valves and where they are. Draining the hot and cold water pipes with the low point valves/caps. Draining the fresh water tank. Using the water pump to push the RV Antifreeze thru the lines to the kitchen and bathroom sinks and the shower both hot and cold. My question is where do I access the water pump? I know it's under the bathroom sink in my unit. I saw something about a hose with a fitting going from the jug of antifreeze to the water pump supply. Can somebody explain if I'm on the right track please? Oh ya I forgot to say I fill All the sink and shower drains with antifreeze too!
tomm1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:21 AM   #2
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

This what I put on my pump. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Permane...SJJG6FY05W76JS
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Instead of buying a kit I added a winterizing tube using a pex t and valve and small section of hose. Installed it in the line from the fresh water tank and right before the filter.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

So the under sink plumbing on my 22rr has exactly this setup. There is NO access to the back of the Hot water tank. So is the other valve I see here the by pass for the HT? No other vavles anywhere. I pulled the anode on the HT and drained. Don’t want antifreeze going into my tank. Help please.
ccontois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Don’t forget the toilet flush valve. This is the one that bit me in the butt last year. Use air to blow ALL the water out. The flush valve included. It won’t make you happy if it freezes and cracks.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #6

Water Heater bypass!

You can access the hot water heater bypass by going under the bed in the front of the trailer! Seriously! There's a little piece of paneling keeping the water heater from being damaged by things in the front storage.Or, you can crawl thru the front storage area and reach them that way! And I'm serious, got this straight from a service tech where I bought my 2019 22RR! Come Spring I'm going back under to see how much clearance there is between the floor of the closet on the drivers side and the water heater. If there's enough I'll cut an access hole in the closet floor and reach the by-pass valves(2) that way and then install a trap door to cover the hole. I made two poles to hold the part of the bed platform that lifts up to be able to get into the platform and move around easier! I'm 72 years old, no more crawling around for me!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 AM   #7

I’m 60 , and I crawled into the front storage. It was ridiculous. Will look under the bed again. Not a smart design. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #8

Water Heater Access!

When I was looking/inspecting my unit at the dealer I noticed that the front wall of the bed platform was open to the storage area and asked my salesman about it. He didn't know why the area under the platform was open to the storage area and I thought that I would use some paneling that I had to close it off. After hunting all over creation for the by pass valves I called the service department of the dealer. He let me talk to one of the techs about locating the valves & shutting them off. When he told me about going into the bed platform I told him he must be pulling my leg but he assured me he wasn't!
Old 11-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #9

This makes me wonder if the dealer is using antifreeze through the pump to winterize. They obviously have never opened up that paneling.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #10

So that mystery solved, what is the in-line valve showing in the picture do? I blew out my lines and just as a test turned this valve off. Didn’t seem to bypass or close off any of the faucets.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #11

Antifreeze?

Some but not many dealers and owners use air to clear the lines of water. The only reason you/me/we by pass the water heater is so there isn't any residual anti freeze left in the line or back into fresh water tank or the heater itself. Those that use the air method say no more than 20 -25 psi. When I asked about covers for storage it was about 60-40 against it. Something about water getting trapped under the cover and developing a black mold on the roof. Mine is a secure storage place with no trees around so I'm not putting one on. They told me when I rented the space that they plow(snow) within a day or two after the storm is done that I should have access to it through the winter And should I need or want to move it out during the winter they will plow it well enough to pull it out with no trouble.Take Care!
Old 11-19-2018, 09:44 PM   #12

I climbed under the bed and the protective panel is open enough so I can just reach in and turn the valves.
My 2019 22RR came with the winterizing kit already installed by the manufacture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	191841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	191842  
Jetlag_bc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags