Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #41
Site Team

having a hybrid, allows you to "turtle" if you have such concerns. you don't put the canvas ends out, you just sleep on the sofa or dinette, like you would in a smaller TT.

but i've camped in Glacier, Yellowstone and Yosemite, with the ends open, without having to "turtle". but if i'd stayed at Fishing Bridge campground in YNP, i would have had to "turtle", since it's the ONLY campground in the country that has a permanent ban on soft-sided RVs.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #42

I have done some upgrades to my wolf pup my question is how do I post pictures on here.

Jerry
jerry929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #43

Be sure to click on "Post Reply" to get into the full editor; the quick reply doesn't have what you need. Then click on the paperclip icon to be able to browse to the pictures stored on your computer.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions; I'd be happy to help.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #44

Does anybody know if the wolf pup has a water filter within the camper some where?

Jerry
Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #45

No, it doesn't. However under the bench that is beside the fridge is the "mechanical room" of the trailer. It looks like it wouldn't be that hard to add one inline.

The debate about drinking campground tap water has been made on this forum before; but in my mind if you are concerned enough to want to install a filter; then you may as well just bring bottled water from home.

The one thing I have to worry about that you don't is winterizing; which is another reason why I wouldn't install a filter. Just one more thing to worry about in the process.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #46

Thanks ken0042. No I'm not worried about the campground drinking water, I was just curious. We always bring bottled water with us when we camp. But we do coffee and cook with the campground water. Beleive it or not last winter we did have temps down to 22F for a few nights. I turned the heater on in the camper on those nights.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #47

I thought about creating a new post, but I was afraid that everyone with a Wolf Pup wouldn't see it or few would. My family and I went on our first camping trip this past weekend. I noticed that when I filled up the fresh water tank, the clamp wasn't secured very tight and water leaked all over the inside. After some adjustments, I seemed to have corrected the problem. I'll keep an eye on it before I go out next. Also, we noticed a crack in the shower pan. Not sure if I should take it down to the dealership or just apply some silicon on it and be done with it. Thoughts? That's pretty much the "bad".

The good. Just before we left, the trailer weighed in at 3520 lbs and I got around 11-12 mpg at 6200' starting out and ending at 7200'. Curious what other owners are getting. I know we all drive different vehicles and I know elevation plays a part in this too but just curious.
The temperature got down to 30 so we used the heater all night and it kept the camper nice and warm.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc326 View Post
Also, we noticed a crack in the shower pan. Not sure if I should take it down to the dealership or just apply some silicon on it and be done with it. Thoughts? That's pretty much the "bad".
Use the silicone only as a bandaid till you can get it in to be replaced, you bought a new trailer, you deserve it to function as a new trailer, not a patched up trailer
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #49

I would take pictures, send them to your dealer; and ask permission (ie- tell them) that you are going to use silicone as a band-aid until you can bring it in. I agree with flyrotor that one of the reasons for paying the premium for new is to get new; however I wouldn't want to risk getting the claim denied becase you attempted to fix it yourself.

As for the leak- we also had a leak in the "mechanical room" under the one dinette seat. (Maybe a total of a 1/2 litre of water.) I tightened things by hand and it held for the camping trip; one of the things I was going to do before our next trip was some further testing.

The one thing I have found is that there will be a few minor items that come up; make a list so when you do bring it into the dealer they can address them all in one shot.

And while we are on the subject; you may want to look into the 2nd year warranty.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #50

One thing I noticed on my Wolf Pup is that the axcel seams to be very close to the ground with only about 6" of clearance.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry929 View Post
One thing I noticed on my Wolf Pup is that the axcel seams to be very close to the ground with only about 6" of clearance.

Im not too worried about the axle, I'm worried about the drain on the fresh water tank.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #52

These are some additions I added to our Wolf Pup

Update our Wolf Pup 16p extra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 001.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6721   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 002.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	6722   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 003.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	6723   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 008.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	6724   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 006.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	6725  

Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #53

Looks good Jerry. Hopefully the inside of the cabinets look as neat after a few camping trips.

A couple of questions for you:
- Does your unit have A/C? Or is it somewhere not shown in the pics? Mine would be right above the paper towel holder.
- That stove cover; did your trailer come with that? Or is it something you added after? Can you grab a picture with it open?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #54

Thanks Ken, Yes it does have AC. On the 2012 model they moved the AC off of the roof to the side of the camper it is located on the side wall to the right of the dining table. It works well enough to camp in Florida.
The stove cover is a standard unit brought from camping world and it opens on two hinges one in the middle and one on the end. We only open it half way because we only use 1 burner on the stove. It is best to mount it sideways as to have access to one full burner. I mounted the hinge with very strong velcro, it stays in place without drilling any holes in the counter and you can remove it if needed. I will post a picture of the unit opened later-on today. happy camping. We are leaving for Tennesse on the 26th of July for a week.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #55

Wolf Pup Stove Cover

Hey Ken here is a the stove cover opened half and full.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WOLF PUP 009.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	6728   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 010.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	6729  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #56

Wolf Pup Water Capacity

Picking up my 17P next week. Part of the reason I chose the wolf pup is the 50G fresh water tank. Bigger than all the other small campers I looked at.
Johnny m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #57

Update on Stove Cover for Wolf Pup

After looking at this closer I decided to rotate this cover 90 degrees so that when opened up fully it operates as a back splash for cooking and you also get use of both burners. My girlfriend put a mat on top so it does not get scratched up too much.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WOLF PUP 012.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	6730   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 011.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	6731   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 013.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	6732   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLF PUP 014.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	6733  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #58

Ya that is a good feature. We camp mostly at camps with water connection. But we have done dry camping also. We liked it because of the extra room, lightweight and small. We tow with a 6 cyl Honda Ridgeline.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #59

I will be towing with F150. Do you like the Ridge line? We have a CRV, and a Civic. Love the Honda.
Johnny m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #60

Thanks for all those pictures, Jerry- gives me another thing to think about.

Johnny, the fresh water and grey/black capacity were also big considerations for us. Right now we are just planning our first dry camping trip. The lake we are going to does have hook-up camping, but the better part of the lake is all dry camping. It's good to have that extra available to us.