Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
GME

Wood construction?

I've been looking at the Wolf Pack toy haulers and I've noticed some have aluminum siding and some fiberglass. I'm sure the ones with aluminum siding have wood framed exterior walls. But what about the fiberglass siding, are they wood construction also? Most other brands that have fiberglass siding are constructed with aluminum framed exterior walls.
Does anyone know, or know how I can find out? Forest River Inc.com does not have any contact info.
Thank you
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #2

Look in a brochure. You can download one from the FR web site. Just because they have one for of siding or another does not make any difference. Unless you get a brochure and look for yourself you will not know.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

donn the forest river web site nor there current brochure lists the construction. just sayin
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #4

WOW, I apologize. I would have assumed that they were proud of the constructions and would tell you how it is made. WRONG!
Dealer should be able to tell you? If they don't have a clue, usually if aluminum there will be a sticker somewhere near the door proclaiming all aluminum construction.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

like I said it doesn't say .
but I found this at my dealer Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR Toy Hauler Travel Trailer

says timber construction
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
Site Team

as far as i know, most aluminum-sided trailers are wood framed, whereas fiberglass-sided ones have aluminum frames.
that's why the aluminum-sided ones are cheaper and considered entry-level.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
GME

wood construction?

Thanks to everyone and all the replies.
I've pretty well studied all there is on the FR website including the brochure, but no info on construction.

We picked up brochures from several manufactureres at a recent RV show and the only one that shows wall construction was Salem, which is wood with alum. siding.

FundFinder Xtra has a decal near the door that indicates Aluminum structre, I think it says ALUM-X or something. I've seen videos on YouTube of assembly at the factory.

I'm fairly certain the XLR Hyper lights by FR are aluminum framed, (fiberglass siding) but again, no info on forestriverinc.com

Keep in mind I've only been looking at the light weight toy haulers, and I'm very familiar with all the brands available in my area. It's just seems that most fiberglass siding rvs are alum. structure, and I wondered if anyone out there knew for sure.

I've not called the dealer yet, I spoke with a salesperson at the RV show from the dealer and the weren't real knowlegable.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #8

Yes, it's wood frame construction
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #9

17rr is definitely wood frame - more than I had expected. I was sawing through the floor today and discovered floor is single layer of ply on 2x4 which is screwed to steel chassis
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
GME

Thanks again for the replies.

I'm fairly sure that the Wolf Packs are all wood. I doubt they would run two assembly lines for the same trailer. The fiberglass siding is probably on option. I've also noticed the Stealth toy haulers with both types of siding.

I've still not called any dealers yet, I may do so sometime. I just don't expect an intelligent answer, so I've put off calling them.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #11

If you're looking for aluminum framed fiberglass, look at the XLR. We also build the XLR Nitro series which is wood framed at a lower price point.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote