Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

2014 Encounter 36BH refrigerator question

Newbie question........getting the RV ready for our first trip. The residential refrigerator has an ice/water dispenser. I just got done sanitizing the water system. Why can't I get water from the refrigerator? Is there a valve that needs to be turned on? I can't find one anywhere. When I try to get water I can't hear the pump running either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
Newbie question........getting the RV ready for our first trip. The residential refrigerator has an ice/water dispenser. I just got done sanitizing the water system. Why can't I get water from the refrigerator? Is there a valve that needs to be turned on? I can't find one anywhere. When I try to get water I can't hear the pump running either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes to your answer but where I have no idea other than a few suggestions.

The valve is usually very close to another water source like the kitchen sink or bathroom sink. It is a small valve and may look like this one.
My refrigerator is not a residential but this is how I turn on the water for the ice maker and in door water.

If you have a water supply hooked up you may have to place a cup in the door awhile to get it to flow because if it was never filled it take a long time to get the water thru all the internal lines.
Do you have a water filter in the refrigerator?
Can you access the refrigerator from the outside below its location. The valve may be there with the power invertor.
I have seen it behind a piece of black plastic that covers the area.
Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome May31_2013 022.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	53286  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the picture and info. Still looking. Probably the only thing we did not go over during the PDI.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #4

Found it. Man, they don't make anything easy do they? See pictures for location. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1401055448.883508.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	685.8 KB
ID:	53289Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1401055459.281355.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	742.8 KB
ID:	53290

Tags
2014, refrigerator