RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #21

Our only scheduled trip so far for 2021 is to Edisto Beach State Park in June. Im sure well take other trips, too. Hopefully a bunch of weekends camping at our family-owned lakehouse at Wateree Lake, SC.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:34 PM   #22

Well -- since the new administration promises much higher gas taxes; on day 1, we'll wait and see how that plays out. Hopefully it'll take some time to enact these "carbon taxes" and we'll be able to tour Utah one last time. If we have too, we'll just stay close to home. Lots of nice areas to visit/play at here in Texas.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #23

We have a leased long-term seasonal site up here in Saskatchewan, Canada, and we're very glad to have it. We were able to get in a full season in 2020 (mid-May, through first week of October), and fairly confident we'll be able to again in 2021.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 TRX4 Cummins
Seasonal at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
camaro80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahagirl View Post
We have a couple get togethers with other Berk owners waiting to see what happens with frog rallies. Meeting friends in sep in DE. Always spend vets day weekend in Gettysburg. As long as the campgrounds are open and no restrictions entering or leaving states, we are planning to hit the road.
PA has a 10 day quarantine for out of state visitors unless you can produce a recent negative Covid test.

How they plan to enforce that is beyond me.
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #25

Hopefully that wont be the case next camping season. We were there in June and November this year with no issues
omahagirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #26

I was hoping that after we all have had access to vaccines by June that we could drive from Ohio to San Diego and drive up the Pacific Coast Highway.

Not sure what the Covid, Fire, or Campground conditions would be at that time. Given that we are not sure when we will be at certain locations traveling up the Pacific Coast it seems impossible to make reservations.

Does anyone have any experiences that could say if it's possible to stay at campgrounds in California, Oregon, and Washington Coast during the summer. Any Feedback would be appreciated, please DM me as I don't want to hijack this thread. Great topic and can give some hope for a much better 2021.

Stay Safe.

Roberta and Jim

JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #27

Well my DW and I said the heck with Covid and the world of un-certainty, we started the process of a Florida trip to Key West in early March, departing WNY State late February, hold our breath on snow.

Because of the season, I have been working the trip backwards, booking Key West, Key Largo (late in the game to get campsites but successful) and around Daytona. Up from there will be Savannah, GA for a few days then on to Raleigh, NC for a week or so to visit my brother there, and leave the camper and take our toad to Charlotte for a couple of days to visit a good friend who has more than enough rooms in her new house to put us up.

Can't wait! This will be a very new undertaking for us with winter still going on on the East Coast, but excited none the less.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #28

One week scheduled

We already scheduled a one week trip, reserved the spots about 2 weeks ago. I am planning a trip to Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota this summer; I have not checked the state parks in detail yet but on the hot list to do.
Hurrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #29

More of the same apparently!
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #30

2020 was a good year to retire if your a Firefighter and a Nurse. We retired in February and managed 70 nights in 2020. We have 70 nights reserved in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and more. That's Just the first half of 2021. Second half starts at our favorite, Gamble Rodgers State Park for 2 weeks on the beach. Then off to Michigan. I'm not slowing down....
Gofishth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #31

Not camping for the best possible reason

No camping this past summer because of Covid. It was supposed to be a really great trip, with daughter and husband coming from CA to camp with us in NY, and local daughter, husband, and 2.5 yr old twins also coming, plus the possibility of a few friends. I had 3 sites reserved at the campground we've been going to for 21 years straight. I transferred them to 2021, but now that's not happening either. Daughter with twins is expecting another one at the end of June. Camping reservations are for the middle of July. Neither parent drives. There's no way we are leaving town at that time. No clue what Covid will be like then, but I can't let them bring our new grandbaby home from the hospital in a car service, and I can't leave them without our help. Someone has to watch those twins! Talk about mixed feelings!
Old 12-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #32

We have a week long trip to the southern Georgia coast planned for the first week of March. Currently planning our first ever cross country trip beginning late April, Virginia to Washington coast and back. I already have the Seattle/Tacoma area campground reservation made, planning to fill in the rest of the trip between now and then. Planning to cross the upper section of the US going West, and the lower section coming back East. Expecting to do a mix of travel days stopping overnight at rest areas, Cracker Barrel, etc. along with multiple day stops every few days at state park, forest service campgrounds, and some BLM boondocking. We're figuring about 6 weeks, but 2 months will be fine. Just retired!
Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:34 AM   #33

We are going ahead as normal as far as planning goes.We have our spring and fall trips planned.If you don't you will be left with few choices the longer the wait.
majorflee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #34

2021 Camping Plans

I booked our first retirement trip last year. We are going to Florida January and February, traveling down the East coast, across and up the West coast, then into the panhandle before heading back through GA and SC to NC. That trip is 2 months - 9 campgrounds.
Then we have an East coast trip 80% booked starting the end of July. Going from NC up the East coast to Maine, then across up state NY visiting friends, then up to Alpena MI to visit wife's sisters, then down to Ohio to visit friends and family, before returning home. That trip is 14 campgrounds and also about 2 months. These will be our longest camping trips ever, and previously is was just vacations and weekend trips, longest being 10 days. A new adventure.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:30 AM   #35
nmdcporter

We are retired 4 years but not full timers, my wife doesn't want to give up the house just yet. We were able to cross the country 3 times and squeezed in 95 days on the road this year. On our last trip, we were on the road and my mother told me my dad wasn't doing well. So we high tailed it to Indiana, he passed a few days after we arrived. He was 90 and had a good run, staying home until the last month. He passed from natural causes and we stayed for the inurnment.

While at the service, unfortunately we were exposed to a person that tested positive for Covid 2 days later. We were on our way back home to New Mexico when we received the news that we had been possibly exposed. The good thing was we were pretty much quarantined while traveling and we had been taking proper precautions the whole trip, so we didn't think to much of it.

Six days after the exposure , I started having diminished taste and smell so I went and got tested sure enough tested positive. It took 7 days to get the results; so by the time the NM Health Dept. contacted me I had recovered and I was one day short of my 14 day quarantine. I would never had guessed I had contracted the virus, if not for the diminished taste and smell, I actually felt fine. In my case, my taste and smell was back to normal a day after I was tested.

We felt pretty lucky, so we stopped traveling back in October and hunkered down at home in New Mexico. I didn't mention but my wife never contracted the virus even though we were side by side the whole trip.

Getting on to 2021, we will be traveling again, probably another 100 day year on the road. We are starting to get a little stir crazy so we are starting 2021 early in Jan. heading to Southern Texas for a while, then a trip to Arizonia hopefully for spring baseball, if they have it. Later we will be heading East doing a big loop to see my mom in Indiana and spending time in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas than back home. We are also planning a few short trips up into the mountains too.

I'm not sure about getting the vaccine when it comes available, we will probably be like some and see how it goes. Sorry so long, stay safe out there my friends.

nmdcporter
nmdcporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:39 AM   #36

2021 trip

Leaving Jan 3 Thur feb2 going to West Point ga then savanna ga then east coast of ga South Carolina then back home to the smoky mountains until the next trip
Jimdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #37

Our plans and reservations so far are, Florida keys for a week in Jan. St. Augustine in for a few days in Feb. Moab Utah for two weeks in April/May. Branson MO. Area for 10 days then to Wisconsin in July. Minnesota in August into beginning of Sept.
Rick g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #38
Domer

We bought our first MH in August and were able to make 4 trips within 3 hours of home. My wife retired this year so we're planning a Lake Michigan circle trip, a trip to CA to visit my daughter and another to Maine. Have plotted the routes for the first two and plan to make reservations shortly. Other shorter trips are in the cards, so 2021 will be our year to enjoy the freedom! Let's just hope the vaccine is as good as they say it is.
Domer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #39

Key West trip is shaping up nicely. Since then we have added Ashville, NC in June and after we'll meet up with camping friends in Nashville. Heading back home will be a stop in Louisville to take in the Kentucky Bourbon Trial.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #40

Well, we just sold our house, and are currently selling/donating/junking just about everything. Our daughter is having baby in March, so we'll be in Mississippi then. Mother-in-law is 93 and we're due to take a turn caring for her in Florida. No firm decision on where to relocate. Two other daughters in Kansas and Texas, siblings in NY, CO, VA and FL, cousins and friends in a dozen other states... so 'on the road' could be our endgame.

Anyway, 2020 was supposed to be our year to tour the Maritime Provinces, and if Canada opens up again, we'd like to do that (including the ferries to Newfoundland and Labrador). The other big trip we want to do some day is to Alaska, but that's still in the planning stages, as we'd like to hit NW Territories and complete our visits to all Canadian Provinces and US States. We'd probably be upgrading to a Class A or C for that one.
JohnBj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping