Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

4 models with same floorplan

Looking at differences between the following models, but wonder what real world experience is. Does anyone have advice or thoughts on differences?

Sunseeker 3170DS
Sunseeker 3250DSLE

Forester 3171DS
Forester 3251DSLE

I've looked at the literature. I haven't seen anything but the SS3170DS in person as that's all I can find locally.

And, is a painted body really worth the extra expense?

Thanks for any advice you can give a newbie hoping to full-time.
MichelleOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I would think you'd be able to see the different models somewhere on the internet. Even scanning the Forest River site where they list thei different models. Dealerships only display a few of what they can get their hands on hoping you'll buy what's on the lot.

Any model LE is probably a more deluxe model of the same floor plan.

Full body paint job? Yeah they're gorgeous compared to their base colour models but you have to decide if the sot is justified. Also, we camp in the Deep South (Florida) through the winter and white body units are easier to cool. But then again......that full body colour

The price difference buys a lot of travel fuel. Just sayin'.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #3

Actually LE seems more the 'less equipment' version. Looking at the online brochures a number of features/options are not available on the LE models.

Otherwise it appears that the sunseeker and forester are virtually identical except for the name.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

I thought LE meant "less expensive", but less equipment works, too. Pouring over the brochures, it seems the Forester has LED floor lighting, Stainless appliances, and solid countertop in galley. So far, that's all I can find.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
The price difference buys a lot of travel fuel. Just sayin'.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:18 AM   #6
Site Team

The Sunseeker and Forester are made by the same division on the same line. Think of the minor difference between a Chevy (Sunseeker) and a GMC (Forester) pickup or SUV and that is how it works. The Forester is a bit more upscale, in most cases, and has some different trim and paint trim offerings.

As far as full body paint that is for looks only...we like the look better with it and have it on our current unit and the one we have on order. The paint can be a problem though as the basic white will reflect heat from sun light better than dark paint. That pretty dark paint can make your A/C work harder in hot sunny climates...
Old 06-17-2017, 02:14 PM   #7

We love our 3050S which isn't a model you mentioned, but the only differences between our Sunseeker & a 3051S Forester are basically counter tops, fawcets, and flooring. We have full body paint, 42" forward entertainment system with surround sound, DVD, Sirius XM radio,backup camera, outside 32" tv with am/fm/DVD/cd player, 4 door three way dometic fridge, with ice maker, big foot hydraulic jacks, 6 gal quick refresh Atwood WH, queen bed w/Serta memory foam mattress, tv in bed room w/DVD built in, convection microwave, Arctic pack. Everything included when we bought it at a reasonable price at the Cleveland RV super show - had factory rep there & got good pricing from them.

Check on RV trader.com for the models you want. Many pix put up by dealers wanting to sell what you're looking fore & more...
Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #8

The full body paint can be treated like a cars paint, wash wax and all is good. There is much more maintenance with the normal white body. Ten years from now the FBP will look like a cars paint and the white one will be faded. A lot of work on the non FBP to keep looking beautiful. Yes mine is FBP!!
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor