Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #1

Airbags (SRS)

I have been searching all over the net, but I have not gotten a very clear answer. Do Class A motorhomes have airbags (aka Supplementary Restraint Systems) for driver and/or passenger?

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #2

Airbags(SRS)

If they are there, there would be an SRS printed on the steering wheel, My Ford V10 does not have same.
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Not a legal expert, but even though I live in Canada, this topic seems to be the same for Canada and USA. I believe motorhomes, because they are based on truck chassis, come under the same guidelines as trucks, versus the car industry. None of the new trucks (and I mean bigger than pickups and commercial vans) have air bags.

Also, even though Canadian cars have had daytime running lights as standard equipment for many years (back since late 1980's) new trucks have not and do not always follow this same rule. The detailed specs for my Ford V-10 on my 2010 Georgetown 330TS said it should have daytime running lights, but it doesn't.

And further, whereas other new vehicles for sale in Canada have metric speedometers, at a recent RV show in Toronto, ALL brands of motorhomes are being sold in miles per hour and their odometers are recorded in miles. Seems the largest percentage of motorhomes are being built in Indiana, and most are sold in the USA, so no one is converting the Canadian versions.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I am not aware of any motorhome with either front or side air bags. They are not required on truck or bus chassis. I would imagine that they could be ordered on some rigs if you are willing to spend the $$$.

Tags
airbags