Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #1

Another Magnadyne M4 question

I just did the software update on my M4 LCD to resolve an issue with the GPS resetting itself frequently. I used the files from the Magnadyne website and followed the directions exactly (twice). Now nothing happens when I push the navigation button, the physical button on the the top left or the soft key. Everything else seems to work fine. I tried the reset button on the bottom left and it did not help. Anyone else have this issue?

I will call Magnadyne this week, but I am trying to get on the road.
lowreyfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #2

I got it figured out. I am posting the resolution in case someone else has the same issue.

You have to go to the settings page, click navigation, and then scroll down to the igo.exe file. I had originally clicked on the igo folder, the .exe was on the next page down.

I believe this is the same procedure if you update your maps.
lowreyfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #3

Good deal.
Did the update fix the thing? I've almost given up on even turning the M4 unit on it has so many weird issues. Navigation just stops or never finds satellites and the radio never stops scanning for stations even though they are there not to mention the annoying buzzing in the speakers when the engine is running.

Maybe I'll try the update, got nothing to lose.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote