Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #1

automatic jacks

I'm thinking of putting automatic jacks on my lexington 283gts. Pros and Cons anyone??

JR
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #2

Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic
Pro------- Automatic

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #3

Con------- Price??
Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #4

I think the Pros outweigh the Cons........

Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #5

Hey Greg, thanks for your response. I just bought a gps and I'm not satisfied with its performance so the boss is kinda hesitant about getting the automatic jacks. Camping World wants about $5000.00 to put them on. Do you know if that sounds right or is there somewhere else I could go. New at this stuff and afraid to get rooked.

Keep up the good work with the forum; I enjoy visiting. Thinking about going to Arkansas at the end of July. Ozark mountins etc. Jimmy
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #6

I don't have a motorhome but after doing a bit of research $5k installed for an autoleveling jack setup sounds about right. You could probably mail order a setup for around $4k + shipping but then you would have to do the install yourself.... So with the added piece of mind of warranty and pros doing the install that sounds about right.
What brand is Camping World selling? I found these: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...-powerplus.htm for $4k.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #7

automatic jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
I don't have a motorhome but after doing a bit of research $5k installed for an autoleveling jack setup sounds about right. You could probably mail order a setup for around $4k + shipping but then you would have to do the install yourself.... So with the added piece of mind of warranty and pros doing the install that sounds about right.
What brand is Camping World selling? I found these: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...-powerplus.htm for $4k.
Thanks for the research Greg, it helps a great deal. I don't know the brand that Camping World handles and I can't seem to find them on their web site. I agree with you about letting the pros put them on and will take that piece of advice.

Jimmy