Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #1

Berkshire

Hello, just found this forum while doing some research for a new m/h. We are looking at the Berkshire 390BH (bunkhouse model), we have not actually seen one yet, just on the internet. I know these are new models, but if someone has seen one (any model) and could provide me with first impressions?

Also, a more general question, as I am not familiar with Forest River motorhomes and I would be interested in how you would rate your current unit (i.e. would you buy another Forest River m/h)? How have the dealers been as far as service and support have been concerned?

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks,
Eric
kuldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #2

to the forum!

I can't help with your particular question but someone 'round here may be able to.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuldaddy View Post
Hello, just found this forum while doing some research for a new m/h. We are looking at the Berkshire 390BH (bunkhouse model), we have not actually seen one yet, just on the internet. I know these are new models, but if someone has seen one (any model) and could provide me with first impressions?

Also, a more general question, as I am not familiar with Forest River motorhomes and I would be interested in how you would rate your current unit (i.e. would you buy another Forest River m/h)? How have the dealers been as far as service and support have been concerned?

I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric,
we really like our forest river RV, i havent looked at any of their motorhomes, but as for quality, i can say we looked at a few monacos and holiday ramblers over $200,000 class "A" not to long ago.
the fit and finish and just plain NICE was very far removed and we ended staying with our fiver.

we ahve lived in our fiver since july of 05 and have had very few real issues to be resolved.
they all have the need for a deep vacumming to get all teh factory dust out and few days of sealing off those pesky air leaks.
but overall, we purchased it, packed it and been it ever since.
one fireplace replaced and one microwave.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
2008 390BH

Plan to buy a 390BH. Test drove 390QS (twice) and love it. Only 2 390BH built so far. 1 in Michigan (might be sold) another in Florida. Two more coming off factory line in a week or so and going to Canada. I plan to make my order for a 390BH in next 5 days. I have negotiated the price etc just had to close off on a few contingencies. I have been shopping for bunk model Class A's for 9 months. This one has the most bang for the buck in my opinion.
justinph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
2008 390BH

RV order went in today. Forest River is now offering $2500 rebate. I see that several other dealers have these in stock or on order now.
justinph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #6

Berkshire bunkhouse

We have a 390BH. Picked it up in March. It drives great. We have been very happy with it.
ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #7

Smile Forest River Berkshire Bunkhouse

We took delivery of ours the end of February. We have made two short trips and plan a longer one this week. We searched for about 6 mos for a diesel bunkhouse that would sleep teenagers (6') and this one really fits the bill. We bought ours from Vacation Station in Corona CA. Awesome Crew. The Coach handles great and We could not be happier with not only the dealer but the overall experience.
RVKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #8
390bh

got our 390 bh from rv world in florida they did good job preparing us and the motorhome,first trip after bringing it home to arkansas was to nashville,all went well except wiper motor burned up. no wipers in a storm is no fun,overall we love ours.great amenities for the price
chaser1217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire