RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 2,344
Thatís funny IDGuy. You were the first person to post something in that manner. Thanks for wrecking it for everyone else.
__________________
2018 BERKSHIRE 34 QS
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline  
Old 10-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #62
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,404
Exterior lights should be turned off when quiet hours begin.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline  
Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #63
Member
 
Chicken Corners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
BTW, our purpose is to discourage annoying behavior that affects us.
That sounds kind of selfish.
__________________
2019 Forester 2861DS E-450
Chicken Corners is offline  
Old 10-16-2020, 11:55 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 2,364
I like them, thanks for the notes and photos. I may have to swap mine out.

I just used the $25 roll from amazon and some 3m tape but this looks much better. The controller I have is RF instead of infrared and I turn them on/off with a keyfob remote. Mine are not bright and work to give off low light that does not attract a ton of bugs when I open the door. Many of the campgrounds I have been to people have bright rope lights everywhere and this is a much less intrusive solution. If no one has anything out mine stay off. If I am not out mine are off.

Nice thing about campers is if you dont like the neighbors you can leave. You have nothing invested in the real-estate
dbledan is offline  
Old 10-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #65
Junior Member
 
43Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 22
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahagen View Post
Please, please, please....if you are camping near me don't use those boogie lights. I go camping to get away from light pollution. I have had the misfortune to camp near RV's with bright undercarriage lights that are left on all night long.
^^^x2
__________________
Ken & Robin
2011 Rockwood UltraLight 2603
2018 F-150 XLT 3.5 Eco Max tow
2018 WRX
There is nothing so eloquent as a rattlesnake's tail. ~Navajo proverb
43Hawk is offline  
Old 10-17-2020, 06:46 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
CZNEDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Up and down the east coast
Posts: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I like them, thanks for the notes and photos. I may have to swap mine out.

I just used the $25 roll from amazon and some 3m tape but this looks much better. The controller I have is RF instead of infrared and I turn them on/off with a keyfob remote. Mine are not bright and work to give off low light that does not attract a ton of bugs when I open the door. Many of the campgrounds I have been to people have bright rope lights everywhere and this is a much less intrusive solution. If no one has anything out mine stay off. If I am not out mine are off.

Nice thing about campers is if you dont like the neighbors you can leave. You have nothing invested in the real-estate


No problem dan
__________________
2018 BERKSHIRE 34 QS
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th and a
Cooler full of good ideas
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline  
Old 10-17-2020, 07:19 PM   #67
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 13,390
I'm always amazed at folks who purchase a R/V and then go to a campground where folks are parked near each other.. where campfires, lights, kids and dogs are commonplace and then belly ache they don't like it.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=21
5picker is online now  
Old 10-19-2020, 06:39 AM   #68
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I'm always amazed at folks who purchase a R/V and then go to a campground where folks are parked near each other.. where campfires, lights, kids and dogs are commonplace and then belly ache they don't like it.
Evening hours where people are up having fun, no problem. 2AM When Im trying to sleep and this light is shining in my window, not so much.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 06:58 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
BTW, our purpose is to discourage annoying behavior that affects us.
Cuz Eddy, Thank You for the Helpful and Informative Info on your Light Install! In regards to "Discourage annoying behavior that affects us" I also agree 100% "I D guy,s Post need to Go"! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western New York State
Posts: 1,346
I'm with 5picker, let people have their fun. They paid to be in the campground just like everone else.

Personally, I love walking around campgrounds at night and looking at the different rigs and how they personalize them. Occasionally if I or my DW sees something we really think is cool we'll stop and ask where, how, how much etc. about their decorations. To us, this is another part of the fun of camping.

All we care about is that it is reasonably quiet, (not totally) when our heads hit the pillow.

Hey OP, great job on the install, the lights look awesome and nice job posting your D.I.Y. project with pics for those interested to follow.
__________________
sherman12 and The Fabulous Miss Barb
2014 SportsCoach Cross Country 360DL DP
Former 2011 Georgetown 330TS
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #71
Just Tryin' to Help
 
cboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post

Personally, I love walking around campgrounds at night and looking at the different rigs and how they personalize them. Occasionally if I or my DW sees something we really think is cool we'll stop and ask where, how, how much etc. about their decorations. To us, this is another part of the fun of camping.
X2
__________________
Craig & Cath
2018 2902WS Rockwood Ultra Lite
2017 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.2 gas
Equalizer Hitch w/ 4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2016(retirement): 930
cboss is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #72
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Petaluma, Ca.
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
Wonít happen. Your analog is right on.

Please have consideration for your fellow campers.

We donít need encouragement of such discourteous behavior.

Please erase this thread.
Your emoji signature says "Have Fun". It should say, "Have fun as long as you do it my way".
__________________
If you're pouring, it's half full.
If you're drinking, it's half empty.
Eric H. is offline  
Old 10-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #73
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 25,118
We are closing this thread to do a cleanup of the totally unnecessary argumentative posts.
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I often say to myself, "I can't believe that cloning machine worked."
wmtire is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
light, motorhome

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.