Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 AM   #1
Senior Gold Member

Brake monitoring and tire monitoring systems

I have the Blue Ox Patriot II braking system on my toad and it comes with a portable remote radio frequency monitor and control system that works pretty well. The only problem is the RF signal can interfere with the vehicle radio on AM frequencies. It would be nice to eliminate that but also how would the remote break control work with or effect a RF Tire Monitoring system. Does anyone with the Blue Ox RF brake remote also have a TMPS in their motorhome cab that works without interference?
Old 06-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #2
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
I have the Blue Ox Patriot II braking system on my toad and it comes with a portable remote radio frequency monitor and control system that works pretty well. The only problem is the RF signal can interfere with the vehicle radio on AM frequencies. It would be nice to eliminate that but also how would the remote break control work with or effect a RF Tire Monitoring system. Does anyone with the Blue Ox RF brake remote also have a TMPS in their motorhome cab that works without interference?
Most of those systems use the Industrial, Scientific and Medical (ISM) frequency bands around 430 MHz or over 900 MHz. AM radio is 0.530 MHz to 1.6 MHz. There shouldn't be any interference at all unless it's coming from the innards of the device itself and not the sensors.

Try wrapping the control head in aluminum foil and seeing if it goes away. It's also possible that the interference is traveling up the power cord and into the vehicle wiring. That is usually a fairly simple fix by putting ferrite beads on the power wires or finding an inline filter.

If you can power it from a separate battery see if that makes the interference disappear.

Ray
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire