Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

Cedar Creek, Silverback or Hathaway

1st timer be gentle with me. Planning on being a full time RVer soon. Selling house and we are thinking about the 2019 Cedar Creek 42 foot 38EFK. Love the kitchen up stairs and in the front. Which of the three is the better more high end unit... I’m in Houston and the dealer wants 79900... dealer up Ohio will sell me one for 70,135 and dealer it for 1800... Has anyone done that.... thanks
Kendegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Check out Riverstone and Heartland Landmark 365

Fultime i would look at Riverstone, dbler on the forum has one and really likes it, Also look at Heartland Landmark 365 as well. Heartland is warranted for Full Time living with 2 year bumper to bumper and 3 years structural warranty. We just bought a Landmark 365 ourselves.

T and S In Valdosta is the largest Landmark 365 Dealer in the US. People drive there for the best price in the US.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:24 PM   #3

Cedar Creek, Silverback or Hathaway

The Riverstone front kitchen is very similar to the Cedar Creek floorplan without a pocket door to the bathroom and only 5 slides - CC has two in bedroom and RS has two entry doors

The front kitchen floorplan comes in Champagne Edition which is some upgrade from the Hathaway edition and the Silverback is the lesser of the three models by Cedar Creek

The CC is on our short list right now and we got a quote from Couchs RV Nation for 69900 - we are still shopping [emoji102]
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #4

Cedar Creek price range, highest to lowest....

Champagne
Hathaway
Silverback
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Riverstone or Landmark

Options...

Get Disc Brakes, money well spent!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:04 AM   #6

The front kitchen in the Cedar Creek line is only available in the Champagne edition. It is just like the River Stone as in the person who designed it worked at River Stone then moved to Cedar Creek and used floorplans in both lines. The River Stone is higher priced but does offer some upgrades, I would just try to compare both and see which fits you best. Jeff Couch in Ohio had really good prices and for the River Stone check Terry Town RV has well. Good luck on your choice
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:04 AM   #7

Thanks I sure will... thanks for the great advice
Kendegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Fultime i would look at Riverstone, dbler on the forum has one and really likes it, Also look at Heartland Landmark 365 as well. Heartland is warranted for Full Time living with 2 year bumper to bumper and 3 years structural warranty. We just bought a Landmark 365 ourselves.

T and S In Valdosta is the largest Landmark 365 Dealer in the US. People drive there for the best price in the US.
I would Google Heartland. When I was looking to buy 3 years ago the comments on Heartland by owners was they would not back up their warranty.

I have a Hathaway. It must have been built on a Wednesday, as I have had no major problems in the 3 years I have been full-time.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:16 PM   #9
Charlie & Sue

We have a 2015 Hathaway which we really like. Layout is important but just as sure as the sun rises and sets every day, service needs to be an almost equal consideration. We full-timed for 5 years but for family illness reason we halted, but during that travel period, first in an Everest and then the CC, we needed to have service, not always in a good location relative a dealer for our make and had to rely n on-site service which in most all cases was always better than any dealer offered.

In the RV industry there is a great tendency for dealers only wanting to service what they sold. We bought in the west and had to move to the east coast. There are Forest River dealers in the greater area, but trying to get service is almost impossible even at a CC dealer. In 2017 we decided to venture to Amish Family RV for repairs that no one else wanted to even consider. How will the RV manufacturer back you up on the road is a very important issue should you go far afield.
mecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #10

dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecd View Post
We have a 2015 Hathaway which we really like. Layout is important but just as sure as the sun rises and sets every day, service needs to be an almost equal consideration. We full-timed for 5 years but for family illness reason we halted, but during that travel period, first in an Everest and then the CC, we needed to have service, not always in a good location relative a dealer for our make and had to rely n on-site service which in most all cases was always better than any dealer offered.

In the RV industry there is a great tendency for dealers only wanting to service what they sold. We bought in the west and had to move to the east coast. There are Forest River dealers in the greater area, but trying to get service is almost impossible even at a CC dealer. In 2017 we decided to venture to Amish Family RV for repairs that no one else wanted to even consider. How will the RV manufacturer back you up on the road is a very important issue should you go far afield.
I bought my RV to travel with so being close to the dealer is not a priority since I would probably be 1,000 mile from them is I need repairs. Search out a good mobile repairman
xomkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek