Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2022, 07:05 PM   #21
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I guess I'm confused or have had very different driving experiences. Are we talking about ease of maneuvering/parking, ride comfort, handling, and/or power?
I have not owned any MH myself but have driven 3 class C and 2 class A across a good part of the country for friends for one reason or another.
Due to my experience I would never own a class C. All 3 were evil at highway speeds. Road walk was terrible and whenever around a semi I was sure I was going off the road. Any cross wind made me want to pull off and stop. And one class C even had $3k worth of suspension and handling upgrades. All seem underpowered, especially with a toad.
The class A (diesel) were both a pleasure to drive. Comfortable ride, relaxed driving and handling experience, less affected by semis, and power to spare. Just had to be more aware when fueling and parking. They really are huge and don't bend in the middle
So I am definitely missing something as most everyone else in this thread says the opposite. ????
You are missing a great deal or you are spot on. The assumption here is that the author is comparing Class A Gassers to Class C. Additionally, without specifics on any of the 3 class C’s your evaluation is difficult to assess.

Maybe the author can confirm the assumption everyone else was making.
Old 03-05-2022, 07:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I’ll bet my three Labs would then be vying for the dash in an A.
I hope your not serious about dogs (especially the size of labs) on the dashboard. That is so dangerous if they move around, blocking your driving vision, or in an accident, have them thrown back at you. I have observed people with animals (3 - 4 smaller digs) moving around while the driver is driving. Not safe!
Old 03-05-2022, 08:58 PM   #23
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I am interested in selling my MBZ Solera and upsizing to 30’ for more comfortable longer trips. I am debating on whether to buy a Class A or C. I like having a front end for safety, but don’t like the bulky “doghouses” on the C’s. I am curious about the comfort, handling and sway factor of the A. I would really appreciate your opinions. I am thinking of renting first before making a decision.
You have a Class C MBZ today and wanting to upsize.

You’re debating between a Class A or C.

The question then is….
Debating between Class A gas or diesel?
Debating between Class C or Super C?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
You have a Class C MBZ today and wanting to upsize.

You’re debating between a Class A or C.

The question then is….
Debating between Class A gas or diesel?
Debating between Class C or Super C?
My dilemma is wanting to go up five feet in length to add a sofa/recliners and walk around bed for more comfortable longer trips. So either a 30’ gasser A or C.

And NO my dogs would never ride on my dashboard while driving.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, class c