Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Considering backup cameras and GPS

Hello all –Hunter here.I am seeking input from the experienced RV owners on this forum.We recently purchased a Forest River Sunseeker 2890DS.Now the fun begins.I am looking at purchasing a backup camera and a GSP.I think I’ve decided on the Rand McNally RVND 7730 LM RV GPS.I am definitely not sure which camera system to purchase.I found two on the web that look promising and wonder if anyone has any experience with the or perhaps a suggestion about other camera systems.I want a system that has a backup camera for use as a “rearview” mirror.I also want the side view cameras to show the blind spots while traveling.I would like a system that allows the rearview camera to be in the center of the screen, the left camera showing on the left side of the screen, and the right camera showing on the right side of the screen.Here are the two camera systems I am looking at.TadiBrothers SKU123376.http://www.tadibrothers.com/Catalog/Splitscreensystems/7-Wireless-Ultimate-RV-Backup-Camera-System#and Rear view Safety RVS-CW-CAM. http://www.rearviewsafety.com/products/wireless-systems/wireless-backup-camera-system-cigarette.html If anyone would like to share his or her experiences and suggestions about the GPS and camera systems, I would greatly appreciate it.
2018 297 RSK Primetime Crusader
The Mustard Seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #2

I have a backup camera but not the type you're looking at. That said, if you don't have a backup camera get one right away, it's invaluable. I use it to back into campsites as well as keeping an eye on my trailer when I'm towing. As far as GPS I have a garmin and like it. They all have their quirks and I always plan my trips using a map and make route cards to stay on course. I use the GPS as a backup as I find they will steer you wrong from time to time. The other option is to use a smart phone with Google maps. Good luck with your research.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #3

Purchase made

We purchased the cameras and will get them installed 2 week in April. We also purchased the Rand McNally GPS....and we will definitely use Google Maps....

We brought The Mustard Seed home yesterday. She drove fine, but we want to have a wheel alignment and update all the safety equipment...so let the shopping begin....the list keeps growing....

Thank you for your reply and insight.
2018 297 RSK Primetime Crusader
The Mustard Seed is offline   Reply With Quote