Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #1

Country Coach 407FW vs Berkshire 38A

Hi, I'm having trouble deciding beteen these two coaches and could really use your help. Both coaches are bunkhouse, have the same drivetrain and a very similar floor plan. And of course they are both Forest River coaches.

The 404 is 2 ft longer, has a solid surface floor and is dressed up nicer.
The 38A has the manafould style dump area, roll out generator and nice wood style dash.

Since the 404 is longer and heavier, about a 1000 pounds I think, Will the Berkshire give better mileage?
On the other hand with the added weight and longer wheelbase will the Cross Country 404 ride better?

One other thing is that the Cross Country 404 is built with the Azdale side walls. I don't know if that's a factor or not?

Price difference is not that significant so I'd not choose based on that. Please give me the reasons you would use to decide to help me decide.
H-Man is offline   Reply With Quote