Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #1

Cracked wheel panels

Found several cracks in the wheel panels of my 2014 Georgetown XL377. Insurance company does not cover "stress cracks". Several body shops in my area want over $3000 to repair.

Contacted FR and they gave me part numbers for replacements, but they turn out to be for the 2018 models.

Does anyone know where I can get replacementwheel well covers? I need driver's side front and passenger side rear. Might need all 4 just in case, probably just a matter of time before the other 2 crack as well.
CarefreeCorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
NXR

Sorry, would you please explain what you mean by "wheel panels" and "wheel well covers"? Are you asking two questions?

Ray
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:22 AM   #3

Fender skirts?
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:52 AM   #4

We also have a 2014 377 XL and the rear fenders have both cracked. We ordered replacements thru our dealer. They are currently in the process of being painted. The fenders are made of plastic and aluminum. The aluminum square tube is along the top of the fender and is wrapped with the plastic that forms the fender. We believe that the two different material expand and contract at different rates. The screw holes used to secure the plastic to the aluminum frame are not slotted to allow for the expansion and causes the cracks.
The rear fender part number is 20X62560A Fender Skirt. We have not needed the front panels.
Good luck and if you have further questions let me know.
Scotty2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack, wheel