Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

Customer feedback

I was wondering if feedback re: Forest River RVs, their quality, customer service, etcs, is ok to post here? Also if the forum monitored to the point where negative feedback is removed by mods? TIA.
borismkogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by borismkogan View Post
I was wondering if feedback re: Forest River RVs, their quality, customer service, etcs, is ok to post here? Also if the forum monitored to the point where negative feedback is removed by mods? TIA.
The way I see it, there are some Forest River employees from the motorhome divisions that occasionally post on the forum. Sometimes they apparently post when there is a chance to put their products in a positive light, but other times they assist with customer’s minor issues and problems. Issues or questions they don’t wish to be publicly involved with will probably be ignored. There is no real indication on how many of the posts they read or whether they value any feedback and act upon it.

There is more negative feedback than positive posted here, so it doesn’t appear that moderators remove negative posts. As far as I know, you are free to post your feedback on Forest River products, but don’t expect that your comments will have any impact on their products or services.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
There are some Forest River employees from the motorhome division that occasionally post on the forum. Sometimes they post when there is a chance to put their products in a positive light, but other times they assist with customer’s minor issues and problems. There is no real indication on how many of the posts they read or whether they value any feedback and act upon it.

There is more negative feedback than positive posted here, so it doesn’t appear that moderators remove negative posts. As far as I know, you are free to post your feedback on Forest River products, but don’t expect that your comments will have any impact on their products or services.
X2
Constantly posting and reposting the same negative feedback will draw moderator attention - sort of a violation of the “hit it and quit it” concept. We recommend owners communicate negative feedback to the Forest River division that built the member’s unit.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
D W

From what I've seen on this forum, negative feedback is not censored. Only when it turns into a "rant" with intent to start an argument that results in back and forth name calling is when the Site Team steps in to close the thread. When a rant is posted, most members of this forum can recognize it and the post is considered anecdotal by many, and just ignored.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #5

Fire away on the Feedback. If/when you go over 'the line', you will be gently nudged back over. This is an uplifting Forum and all Feedback does have value. You may have a Feedback that you think is negative in nature to you now, but it may be possible to turn that around with some suggestions from the members. (no fowl language or personal attacks please)

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:44 PM   #6
NXR

Forest River began to formally assign factory and other personnel to monitor and respond on these forums some months ago, even though they do not belong to Forest River. Brian Clemens, who became the GM of the Dynamax division, started the effort on his own and Brian is now GM for the motorized divisions. He has expanded what he did on the Dynamax forum here to the other ones.

It's still hit or miss on various forums but I often see factory personnel respond on the Georgetown forum here. One of those fellows also responds on the Facebook "Georgetown RV Club" group as well.

HTH,

Ray
Old 12-25-2020, 01:05 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Forest River began to formally assign factory and other personnel to monitor and respond on these forums some months ago, even though they do not belong to Forest River. Brian Clemens, who became the GM of the Dynamax division, started the effort on his own and Brian is now GM for the motorized divisions. He has expanded what he did on the Dynamax forum here to the other ones.

It's still hit or miss on various forums but I often see factory personnel respond on the Georgetown forum here. One of those fellows also responds on the Facebook "Georgetown RV Club" group as well.

HTH,

Ray
This only happened to the Motorhomes divisions, thanx to Brian. But not for any of the Towable divisions, which represent WAY more owners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by borismkogan View Post
What has your experience been with your forum posts? Have you had any negative feedback posts removed?
As a user it's hard for me to know if negative posts have been removed. Most of the closed threads I've seen are more political than rv related.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #9

I bought a new Berkshire a year ago last October. So far I have found the quality to be pretty good compared to the 8 other MH's that I have owned. I think the materials are good, but the coach will only be put together as well as the employees that work on it.

I have found talking to Forest River has been positive. They have been very reasonable and responsive when i called them. One particular issue i had with batteries, they helped me out even though batteries are not covered on the warranty.

I researched almost all 35 foot Pushers before I bought this one and felt the best bang for my buck.
USS Decatur DDG-31 1971-1975
Inlineskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #10
Site Team

Our community guidelines, that are here to insure productive conversations for the members in helping get problems SOLVED... really spell out in simple terms about vent/rant threads.

From the community guidelines:

Customer Disputes:*This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community. You may post about problems you have with Forest River products in an effort to learn from others with similar issues, however the use of the forums to repeatedly attack or bash Forest River, Forest River products, or Forest River owners is strictly forbidden.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #11
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
What has your experience been with your forum posts? Have you had any negative feedback posts removed?
As a user it's hard for me to know if negative posts have been removed. Most of the closed threads I've seen are more political than rv related.
I'd agree. As wmtire noted, the general rule is to be civil and non-political. I've seen more threads closed for straying away from the topic and going political than for anything else. Way, way more for going political.

When the moderators edit a post due to "inappropriate content" you'll see something like [MODERATOR EDIT] where the offending text was. When they delete a post, that moderator will note it. Usually it's a warning saying inappropriate posts were deleted and if it continues the thread will be closed.

I think the community moderators are uncompensated and are simply trying to maintain a useful, civil community and they do a good job at it.

I also think it speaks well of Forest River (and the forum moderators) that FR chose to officially add their presence here knowing that that FR does not have the ability to remove or edit posts that do not portray them in the best PR-approved Legal-approved light. And of course, it also speaks well of all participants here.

Ray
Old 12-25-2020, 11:37 AM   #12

My limited experiences with FR have generally been positive. It may take several days to receive a call back. I have had decent service from FR. My Sunseeker has not needed much so perhaps I am lucky.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote