Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #1

De-winterizing

Went to de-winterize the Forester 2401 W today and when I hooked up hose to the city water it sounded like water running into the fresh water tank. As I tried to flush out the lines water started backing up into the shower and kitchen sink. You could hear a gurgling sound in the lines. I did replace the vent check valve under the kitchen sink which let the pipes drain but it still sound like gurgling . Anything I missed?
Squirelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

It sounfds like at least two problems. Water in and water out are ypically separate systems unless there is a very atypical set up.

Back up in drains
Is you gray water tank full? I don't know why else two drains would back up at the same time.

Gurgling
It could be water running into the water heater. That takes a while and will gurgle. In my experience, this is most likely.

It could be filling up your freshwater tank if the check valve in the water pump is bad. Check the drain on the fe tank. Is it getting water in it?

Hope that helps
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #3

Thumbs up De-winterizing

Skip 12
Thanks for the reply....I did figure out the problem. Normally when I back in my driveway I pull forward onto ramps I built to level out the coach. I did not this time because I was only going to de-winterize it and put it away. It was on a 8 inch downhill slope. After I put it up on the ramps the problem went away.
Squirelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:05 PM   #4

Interesting? So it was tilted so much that water wouldn't flow well through the elbow? If that's not right, let us know. Unpredictable!

Thanks for sharing the solution. Always good to learn.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter