Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #1

Extended warranties

I bought a 2007 Georgetown 378. My wife and I are considering purchasing an extended warranty through Good Sam. The one the dealer offered was just too expensive. I would like to know if anyone recommends these extended warranties and knows if the one through Good Sam is a good one or recommends another one. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We purchased the Good Sam CSP ext. warranty when we bought our motorhome. Thankfully we haven't needed to use it but it's like everything else when it comes to insurance you don't know how good it is until you need to use it. It does cover quite a bit though and Good Sam is a very good organization.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #3

I agree it seems to be one of the more recognizeable names. We did purchase the breakdown insurance should we ever need roadside assistance.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Yes we have that as well. It's kinda nice to only need to deal with one organization.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #5

I would like to know if anyone has bought or heard of the warranty with GoRVer. I received a quote from them that was $1825 for 5 years. Good Sam's warranty was for 2 years and was $1304. Good Sam seems to be a name most people have heard of. What about Go RVer? Isn't that a reputable name too?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #6

My warranty is through Coach.net 3 years after the factory warranty expires.....about the same price as what yall have mentioned. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #7

Extended warranty

Has anyone heard of Interstate Star Rv extended warranty? This is what the dealer offers. I am in the process of buying a new berkshire and need feedback about extended warranties. This one was pricey. And with the extended warranty do you also need roadside assistance and if so which ones are out there.
Thanks
Dbt803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #8

I may be in the minority but I don't purchase extended warranties on anything. Be it electronics, appliances, cars, or RVs. I've never found them to be worth it. If I set aside that little bit of cash every month, say $25, I've got enough to cover an incident should one occur.

My 2 cents. Spend it wisely.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote