Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
NXR

FMCA announces partnership with the FR motorized divisions

Just saw this but I haven't gotten anything from FMCA about it yet: https://rv-pro.com/news/fmca-rv-club...a-partnership/

FMCA RV Club announced it has entered into a partnership with Dynamax and Forest River Motorized (Berkshire, Georgetown, FR3, Sunseeker, and Forester brands) to help “enhance the RV lifestyle” for owners of these types of RVs. According to FMCA, Dynamax and Forest River Motorized have always put customer service and quality first, just as it has always tried to do.

“This partnership just makes sense,” said FMCA CEO Chris Smith. “Dynamax and Forest River Motorized are instrumental in helping folks realize the dream of RV ownership. Then FMCA takes it to the next level with the resources and opportunities we provide for our members.”

Through a special, discounted rate, new and existing owners of Dynamax and Forest River motorhomes will have the opportunity to join thousands of other RV enthusiasts whose travel experiences have been enhanced by FMCA.

FMCA said its members have exclusive access to RV discount club savings, RV lifestyle resources, the monthly Family RVing magazine, RV rallies, education, and so much more.

“I’m thrilled to welcome Dynamax and Forest River Motorized owners to FMCA through this terrific partnership,” said FMCA national president Jon Walker. “I’m equally excited to show them all the different benefits, educational opportunities, and social connections available to them when they become a member of the best RV club in North America.”

FMCA claims to be the world’s largest nonprofit RV club. It was forced to cancel its March 2020 gathering in Tucson, Ariz., but is now looking forward to a March 2022 gathering there.

Ray
Old 08-29-2020, 08:47 PM   #2

Aww, gee, it’s so nice of FMCA to allow FR motorized and Dynamax owners to send them money.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #3

They are struggling because a lot of people haven't renewed their memberships because they aren't traveling this year and their rally's have been cancelled.

This from another article (accents are my additions)"FMCA noted recently that it would rely more heavily on income from its international rallies than ever before due to revenue loss from its once highly profitable magazine. The next rally is scheduled for March 10-13, 2021, in Perry, Georgia.

Being the nonprofit that we are, we simply do not have the money to refund the convention registration fees to the members who were looking forward to going to Tucson,” club president Jon Walker wrote this week in an email to members. “Your board of directors made the difficult decision to issue convention certificates” which he said are redeemable at future rallies. “These certificates are good for over three years, and they are transferable, which means they can be given to or sold to others.”
Old 08-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #4

This is the we are failing and gotta do anything we can to save ourselves plan.

Since FMCA opened up to towables as well, why discriminate? Why not team with ALL Forest River brand lines?

Mike
Old 08-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

I checked the FROG website and looked around a little on FMCA but could not find anything related to a discounted membership.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
I checked the FROG website and looked around a little on FMCA but could not find anything related to a discounted membership.
Good thought. I just sent F.R.O.G. Bob a PM with a pointer to this thread.

Ray
Old 08-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #7

FMCA is almost dead. 1year when we had the Tiffin. Too snobby for me. They didn’t like a towable to be near them. Desperate for cash so now you can send some to help them out.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #8

We looked into joining them only to discover they are anti alcohol in any form. We enjoy a “sniggle” in the evening. They did not like that.

Good bye!

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
They are struggling because a lot of people haven't renewed their memberships because they aren't traveling this year and their rally's have been cancelled.

This from another article (accents are my additions)"FMCA noted recently that it would rely more heavily on income from its international rallies than ever before due to revenue loss from its once highly profitable magazine. The next rally is scheduled for March 10-13, 2021, in Perry, Georgia.

Being the nonprofit that we are, we simply do not have the money to refund the convention registration fees to the members who were looking forward to going to Tucson,” club president Jon Walker wrote this week in an email to members. “Your board of directors made the difficult decision to issue convention certificates” which he said are redeemable at future rallies. “These certificates are good for over three years, and they are transferable, which means they can be given to or sold to others.”
Non profit takes convention registration fees, but doesn't have funds to return fees? Hmmm, "non profit", really?

Got the same cock and bull from United Airlines. We intentionally went with the option of being able to cancel. Well no, they gave us a voucher until the end of the year to use it or lose it-no refunds. We all know how financially strapped the industry is given the stimulus and all. We are totally understanding, so we will let them keep our money. In return, we will never make a United reservation again. There are probably thousands of others with the same sentiments. Social distancing should be no problem on future United flights. Something the "your board of directors" should have considered.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #10
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
We looked into joining them only to discover they are anti alcohol in any form. We enjoy a “sniggle” in the evening. They did not like that.

Good bye!
A "sniggle".

Reminds me of the Baldwin sisters on The Waltons....
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #11
jkoenig24

Will Dynamax & Forest Rive offer any significant discounts to FMCA members who purchase their motorhomes?
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #12

I have a Dynamax and I am an FMCA member.

The purchase price of a motor home is determined by the dealer and the buyer, not FMCA and FR.
Either I missed something or this announcement is not offering anything,

“Non profit” is overused as an excuse.

I consider this bs until proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Just saw this but I haven't gotten anything from FMCA about it yet: https://rv-pro.com/news/fmca-rv-club...a-partnership/

FMCA RV Club announced it has entered into a partnership with Dynamax and Forest River Motorized (Berkshire, Georgetown, FR3, Sunseeker, and Forester brands) to help “enhance the RV lifestyle” for owners of these types of RVs. According to FMCA, Dynamax and Forest River Motorized have always put customer service and quality first, just as it has always tried to do.

“This partnership just makes sense,” said FMCA CEO Chris Smith. “Dynamax and Forest River Motorized are instrumental in helping folks realize the dream of RV ownership. Then FMCA takes it to the next level with the resources and opportunities we provide for our members.”

Through a special, discounted rate, new and existing owners of Dynamax and Forest River motorhomes will have the opportunity to join thousands of other RV enthusiasts whose travel experiences have been enhanced by FMCA.

FMCA said its members have exclusive access to RV discount club savings, RV lifestyle resources, the monthly Family RVing magazine, RV rallies, education, and so much more.

“I’m thrilled to welcome Dynamax and Forest River Motorized owners to FMCA through this terrific partnership,” said FMCA national president Jon Walker. “I’m equally excited to show them all the different benefits, educational opportunities, and social connections available to them when they become a member of the best RV club in North America.”

FMCA claims to be the world’s largest nonprofit RV club. It was forced to cancel its March 2020 gathering in Tucson, Ariz., but is now looking forward to a March 2022 gathering there.

Ray
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #13

I've been a member of FMCA since they started to allow towables. Membership saves me money through discounts, affiliation with several insurance companies, and the inclusion of travel assistance (in case I die or get seriously ill on the road) in the membership fee, among other benefits. In case you haven't noticed MANY for profit and non-profit organizations are struggling to stay alive due to the pandemic. I don't attend their rallies, but thousands of RVers do, and many of those attend year after year. The issuance of credit for future rallies seems to be a reasonable solution to help keep the organization afloat in these troubling times.
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #14
NXR

I got a six year membership last year and I'm glad I did. Their $50 a month unlimited unthrottled Sprint Hotspot is well worth the cost of membership to me. They've already said that they've been told that program is not affected by the T Mobile acquisition of Sprint. I have their roadside assistance program as well.

We're looking at joining a local chapter as well. I think the word "Family" part of their original name is more important than the "Motor Coach" part.

I also think that they were ambushed by the pandemic as were countless other organizations.

Ray
Old 08-31-2020, 09:34 AM   #15
Commercial Member

boy, tough crowd.

1. You don't have to send them money. Join, don't join, we gain no monetary value from this.

2. Why not team with all FR brand lines? That would be a question for FMCA, I'm sure they would if they could, but all of our brands have group GM's. I happen to be the group GM over the FR motorized. We have advertised in their magazine before and they reached out to offer this to our customers. Our customer potentially saves some money, our products get some exposure, they potentially get some members and do all the work.

3. This is not really FROG related. This really came out of the relationship that Dynamax had with FMCA, but since I am over the other motorized brands we included them. Which yes, can be a bit confusing.

4. I was not aware of any anti-alcohol platform, so that might be a problem. However, if everyone in the park knows that you are drinking....then the problem is really the drinker, not the policy. No one knows what is in my Yeti.

5. The announcement came before we got any fliers to send out. Once that happens I'm sure we will have more info.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #16
NXR

Thanks, Brian. The F.R.O.G. site was referenced by another person and the F.R.O.G. site does list discounts on its home page. But yeah, since this benefit is not available to all FR owners it may not be appropriate to list it there.

That being said, a subsequent owner of an FR motorhome may not know about the benefit otherwise.

Ray
Old 08-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #17
Commercial Member

We'll be doing an email blast at some point to offer it up. Along with fliers in new motorhomes.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #18

I renewed my membership and the road service. The benefits offered are well worth the membership fee.

The monthly magazine is also a big plus.

I don’t have any complaints with FMCA other than what I stated above and that is minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewie View Post
I've been a member of FMCA since they started to allow towables. Membership saves me money through discounts, affiliation with several insurance companies, and the inclusion of travel assistance (in case I die or get seriously ill on the road) in the membership fee, among other benefits. In case you haven't noticed MANY for profit and non-profit organizations are struggling to stay alive due to the pandemic. I don't attend their rallies, but thousands of RVers do, and many of those attend year after year. The issuance of credit for future rallies seems to be a reasonable solution to help keep the organization afloat in these troubling times.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:20 PM   #19
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
Will Dynamax & Forest Rive offer any significant discounts to FMCA members who purchase their motorhomes?
I read the announcement as FMCA (possibly) offering a discount to Forest River motorhome owners on their FMCA membership. We won't know until the details are published, though.

I put the same note over on the FMCA forum named "FMCA" which is for general discussions on all things FMCA. No one from the organization has responded yet.

Ray
Old 09-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post

Good bye!
Never got that memo. Nor anyone in our group.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote