Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #1

Ford F53 Maintenance

Hi all
Any Central NJ Ford F 53 owners out there that have a favorite Ford dealer they use? I have used the Ford commercial search feature and found a few but just thought if any of you in the area have and use a favorite? I store mine in Toms River. So far my choices are Causeway in Manahawkin or George Wall in Shrewsbury. Ford lists Larson Ford nearby but they don’t do Class A.
Thanks
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #2

I recently purchased a Georgetown XL 360DS. I will be stopping in Causeway tomorrow to talk with them about service etc. I will update tomorrow.
seasure1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasure1 View Post
I recently purchased a Georgetown XL 360DS. I will be stopping in Causeway tomorrow to talk with them about service etc. I will update tomorrow.

Thanks!!
Old 07-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

I stopped in to Causeway Ford and talked to the TRUCK service advisor.

The only service they will perform on our Motor Home is an oil change provided it is not raining outside.

I did find a place in Egg Harbor that will install any suspension parts you bring them.

Labor rate $82/hour

Front End Alignment $144.00

They are located next to a large RV dealer and do all their suspension and alignment work.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #5

Thanks for checking. I will check George Wall in Shrewsbury
Old 07-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #6

let me know what you find out at George Wall

Thanks
Old 07-04-2019, 08:07 AM   #7

I will stop there next week and report......I was told by Larson Ford that they send people there as they have the lift...we will see. You’d think it should not be this hard
Old 07-07-2019, 03:10 AM   #8
Senior Gold Member

Ford F53 Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post
Hi all
Any Central NJ Ford F 53 owners out there that have a favorite Ford dealer they use? I have used the Ford commercial search feature and found a few but just thought if any of you in the area have and use a favorite? I store mine in Toms River. So far my choices are Causeway in Manahawkin or George Wall in Shrewsbury. Ford lists Larson Ford nearby but they don’t do Class A.
Thanks

Got to be one of the biggest secrets in the motorhome market, Ford dealers in my area at least won’t work on Class A or C motorhomes and Ford Canada at least is directing me to the next province 8 hour drive away for warranty and Ford service work. I haven’t called that dealership yet to see if they can actually handle motorhomes. I have found a few local commercial truck shops in my city (WINNIPEG) who will do service on motorhomes but will Ford warranty cover it if and when needed. I’m hoping I can find a Ford dealer in the US on my way to Arizona and back who will honour what’s left of my Ford Canada warranty which by the way starts when the Ford Chassis is delivered to Forest River. Wished I knew that too!
Old 07-07-2019, 04:59 AM   #9
Citrus County, Fl.

800 444-3311 is Ford's Roadside Assistance Hotline. I have never found the need to use them but understand they can direct you to a Ford dealer who is able to work on your rig.

Also, a little know fact, when you purchase a Ford chassis motor home it comes with 5 years or 60,000 miles free roadside assistance by using the same phone number.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #10

Quote:
let me know what you find out at George Wall

Thanks
Just stopped at George Wall. They only do up to 25 Foot. Crazy.
I am next going to check All American in Old Bridge. George Wall said they may do it. They do say Class A on the web site as well
Old 07-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #11

Thanks for the update. I was just curious what kind of work do you want to have done?
Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I was just curious what kind of work do you want to have done?
I’d like to have regular maintenance check (it’s 10 months old) and an oil change. I. An get oil done at Scott’s but really want to establish a Ford relationship if possible
Old 07-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #13

Have you had any experience with Scott's service department, I am dropping mine off on Friday
Old 07-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Have you had any experience with Scott's service department, I am dropping mine off on Friday

Not in a few years. I had two trailers from them last in 2013but bought my Georgetown from Hitch RV. Scott’s just moved to rt 9 in Toms River and it’s directly across from my storage area
Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #15

It's not central Jersey but up by me the Ford commercial truck service dept. In Hackensack or Little Ferry does and did work on class A's. They serviced mine.
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEliasz View Post
It's not central Jersey but up by me the Ford commercial truck service dept. In Hackensack or Little Ferry does and did work on class A's. They serviced mine.

Thanks.....if all else fails I can get it there for sure
Old 07-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #17

Quote:

Update....I made an appointment at Scott’s for the oil change. I will keep looking for a place for service as close as possible and will report when I do
Old 07-14-2019, 09:02 PM   #18

[QUOTE=rig.

Also, a little know fact, when you purchase a Ford chassis motor home it comes with 5 years or 60,000 miles free roadside assistance by using the same phone number.[/QUOTE]

All Ford vehicles offer this, it says so right in the owners manual.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #19
Senior Gold Member

Ford Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle View Post
All Ford vehicles offer this, it says so right in the owners manual.
Also little know is that you will never qualify for the full Ford warranty because it starts when the Chassis is delivered to Forest River or any RV manufacturer for modification so your warranty will only be for four years or less depending how long it sat on the manufacturers site and dealers site before you purchased the unit.
rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
Also little know is that you will never qualify for the full Ford warranty because it starts when the Chassis is delivered to Forest River or any RV manufacturer for modification so your warranty will only be for four years or less depending how long it sat on the manufacturers site and dealers site before you purchased the unit.

Yup! Ford explained that to me when I called- one day after the warranty expired. The shock bushings that were shot when I bought it ( I had too many other issues to deal with so not knowing, it was low on the priority list) were on me to pay for.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, maintenance