Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #1

Free front end alignment finds big problem and free CHF

I learned that Forest River will pay for a free front end alignment in the first 90 days. They want you to load it up the way you would use it. I got mine today with just 2000 miles and they found the toe was way, way off and there is major tire wear. Obviously not my fault, it came that way from the factory. The alignment shop has contacted the dealer, as will I and they are sure that the new tires will be covered under warranty. He estimated I lost about 1/4 of the tread height already.

Glad I got it done before a two week trip that will cover about 1800 miles.

I asked about doing the front CHF and they did it for free while they were under there, took him less than 5 minutes.

Lewis's General Tire in Rochester, NY is awesome, the kind of people you can trust.
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #2

What's CHF?

We had to have an alignment done this week as well and ours is fresh off of the lot with under 2000 miles. The Ford dealer didn't say anything about tire wear though. Our RV dealer is new to selling MHs so it took a day for them to agree to reimburse. I wonder if they called FR to get their approval.

We also needed to have the Ford air conditioner recharged, but that was covered by the warranty. Supposedly they sit for a long time unused and the seals/gaskets can crack. We will check it often to make sure there are no more leaks.
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #3

Look up CHF
Cheap. Handling. Fix

It ales the handling sooooo much better
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment