Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schvarak View Post
I tried that once. If your water at home is perfect, that'll work for one fill! Also CG water is notorious for having trouble with their water. Not good to put in your mouth. Disgusting!!!

I don't know about other states but Wisconsin campgrounds have to have their water tested annually.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I don't know about other states but Wisconsin campgrounds have to have their water tested annually.
That could very well be, but the campground I lived in for 7 months while waiting for my new house to be completed, had nasty water that had a very foul taste to it that we couldn't drink it. Talking to the CG manager had no fix to it. "It was what it was"
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #23

We purchased the clear source dual filter system after researching the available options out there. Expensive but very well built and should take the beating it will receive traveling. We have used it for 3 trips now totaling about 25 days and find the water clear, clean and tasty in 5 different campgrounds so far.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #24

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arrow-H2O...-Blue/15915151

I have two of these that I bring with from home (filled from our home RO water filter). Usually one of these is enough to get my wife and I through the weekend. When we run out we take them to Walmart to refill or buy gallons of water to get us through. Thought about adding an RO system to the camper, but figured that was just one more thing to winterize.

These are convenient because they fit in the fridge so we've got cold drinking water on hand and just fill up our water bottles throughout the day.

https://www.purewater.store/?gclid=C...RoC_rYQAvD_BwE

I have been eyeing this counter top system since that would be easy enough to take home and store for the winter, but don't want to drop the $$$ on it quite yet. Maybe next year I'll be sick of hauling water jugs back and forth each weekend.
eye-five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #25

I think the next big fad will be nose filters! Sure have to be careful of what you breath!
LDStaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStaas View Post
I think the next big fad will be nose filters! Sure have to be careful of what you breath!
I grew up with well water and have it now. The other day I was drinking bottled water and had to laugh. It was bottled in my home town of Carlisle. I used to swim upstream from the water plant and downstream from the cows.

It is my understanding that water plants don't treat or filter chemicals, which is one reason we no longer are told to dispose of medications down the toilet. While we aren't drinking stuff that grows we are getting chemicals.

Unless I can't make a good cup of coffee, I'll stick with well water.
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water