Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #1

Question GT 351DS: Antenna signal low?

Turned on the TV for the first time but kept getting this error. Couldn't figure out where or how to get the antenna to work. Any tips? Thx!
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #2

Do you have your antenna power booster turned on?
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #3

where is the switch to turn on theantenna power booster? Thx!
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #4

Once you turn the antenna booster on rotate the antenna base to get the best signal. Depending on where you are in proximity to the transmitting towers you might benefit from a Wingman. Link: Winegard Wingman - Winegard RV-WING - Over-the-Air Antennas - Camping World
Took me longer to climb up & down the ladder than it did to install it and in my situation it made a big difference.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlake View Post
where is the switch to turn on theantenna power booster? Thx!
Should be a plate where you ran the cable to from the TV. Push in the black button and a green light indicate booster is on.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #6

Our antenna booster is over the passenger seat in the upper compartment. You will want to press the button so the "green" light comes on -- also, you don't want this on when connected to campground cable. Once you have this on, then there is probably a selector box (mine has one) for antenna, cable, or satellite; make sure you put it to the antenna position. Then, it is just a function of having the TV scan for the channels.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #7

Not sure what year your 351DS is, but we had all sort of issues with our coax cables. On ours, there is a manual switch box on the overhead passenger's side cabinet. Black box velcroed down with a selector switch.

Now, originally our antenna TV worked fine, but nothing else. Also one TV had perfect reception while the other didn't. We ended up having two problems. One was with the connectors not being crimped properly. The other was with the coax cables not being hooked up were they belonged. I had to remove the box and figure out which cable was which. You should have a cable that comes down from your antenna to the amp's receptacle (white receptacle with a coax input and a power push button for the amp). From there it should be routed to the back of the switch box marked antenna. Then one from the back of the amp's receptacle (aux) to the back of the box marked aux. The last input to the box should come all the way from the back end of the coach for your "cable". You then have one output from the switch box that feeds all your TVs.

Like I said, on ours the only one that was hooked up right was the antenna one, but nothing else worked. I bought a tool to figure out which was which and got them all sorted out. Now, we can switch the box to antenna or cable when needed and have perfect reception.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Tags
antenna