Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #1

Hello Dynamax - bye bye Sunseeker

Yesterday, with some apprehension I traded my very nice 2013 Sunseeker in for a 2017 Dynamax REV RB.

First impressions for the REV are good. More later as I become familiar with it.
Primary reason for the trade was the larger and much nicer bathroom in the REV along with a sofa that the 2250 did not have but I wanted.

I am giving up about 80 horsepower which is against all my inclinations but that bathroom...

The sheet containing the factory installed appliances and accessories is computer generated, not scribble like some have complained about in other threads.

The REV came with two sets of keys, 6 in each set. Seems like a lot, still have to figure out what some fit.

I was about to start searching for and downloading user manuals but discovered that Dynamax supplies a flash drive with all the manuals on it.

Somebody will be buying a really nice Sunseeker and enjoying my improvements.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #2

Nice. I almost bought one. Really liked the layout and bath. Very cool drop down bed. Congrats!
MBSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSNewbie View Post
Nice. I almost bought one. Really liked the layout and bath. Very cool drop down bed. Congrats!
Thanks.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:00 AM   #4

Congrats!!!!!! Where did you make the trade? You never know someone might be looking for a good Sunseeker
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Congrats!!!!!! Where did you make the trade? You never know someone might be looking for a good Sunseeker
Dylan's RV in Sewell, NJ.

Last fall I replaced all six tires. I installed two Interstate batteries, amazing difference. Also added Sumo springs to the rear.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Yesterday, with some apprehension I traded my very nice 2013 Sunseeker in for a 2017 Dynamax REV RB.

First impressions for the REV are good. More later as I become familiar with it.
Primary reason for the trade was the larger and much nicer bathroom in the REV along with a sofa that the 2250 did not have but I wanted.

I am giving up about 80 horsepower which is against all my inclinations but that bathroom...

The sheet containing the factory installed appliances and accessories is computer generated, not scribble like some have complained about in other threads.

The REV came with two sets of keys, 6 in each set. Seems like a lot, still have to figure out what some fit.

I was about to start searching for and downloading user manuals but discovered that Dynamax supplies a flash drive with all the manuals on it.

Somebody will be buying a really nice Sunseeker and enjoying my improvements.

Bobby
Where is your former Sunseeker located?

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #7

I was there a few weeks back looking at the force 37ts some nice rigs there hope you have good luck with it. Keep us posted on your service with them
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #8

I think the 24RB is a good floorplan. How are the sleeping surfaces?

I am guessing you have no plans to tow a car behind?
Old 11-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman9000 View Post
I think the 24RB is a good floorplan. How are the sleeping surfaces?

I am guessing you have no plans to tow a car behind?
For me it is an excellent floor plan.

I have not slept in it yet. I am hesitant to get into the drop down bed because I may have difficulty getting down again. We don't go camping so not a major issue yet. My wife can get up and down fine. I suggest that you try it first. My wife said the bed was comfortable for the short time she was up there. I have a couple of physical issues that make it difficult for me. I can sleep on the sofa in a pinch. Taking the above into consideration I have no regrets as this REV is a pleasure.

It wll fit into many parking space width wise, it will stick out length wise. I usually find a place to park. I like to take up some extra spaces if possible. No need for a car 98% of the time.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

Congrats!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #11

Would you talk a bit about how you intend to use it?

For example, how many days of a trip would you take at a time?

Just two people?

Any pets?

What is your storage capacity occc and why does that work for you?

==========
I'm very reluctant to focus on one because I would like to take trips of up to a couple of months or so at a time and it seems small for my wife and myself. I want some significant storage capacity like 3,500 lbs because I like to cook rather than eat out, I want to carry some of my tools, etc. I don't want to tow a storage trailer or truck that I load up with stuff.

I will probably stick to renting a variety of units and classes until I'm convinced my wife and I know what we really need, not what we think will work for us. Plus not investing in a unit makes it easier to do some international traveling, not just traveling the states and maybe Can or Mex.

If we do buy, a quality used dp for about $40k that we can put $20k to remodel and upgrade into sounds about right to me at this point.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #12

Philos,

We have a Sunseeker 2300. Obviously I don't know all of your preferences, but it would be ideal for what you described above. The cargo capacity is HUGE, like 2 tons. Towing capacity is huge too.

It's a very good touring vehicle. Not as nice as a narrower, more aero B+ such as the Rev here. So in ways that the Rev is great, the 2300 is still pretty good. We go into town centers and find parking spots, and any regular parking lot is just fine too. We have the Chevy version, and get 10 MPG at 65 MPH and no wind.

We have taken two trips of 2+ months with it. Of course, it is fairly tight. If we had seen the 2290, which is the same plan but with a dinette slide, we might have gone that way. The dinette is the only seating other than the cab. We have the basic rectangular dinette. I use a small director's style chair in the evening. And we have a passenger cab seat swivel.

We thought we were going to tour more. But we haven't. So we are unsure too. Many RVers are the same way. We looked long and hard at a beautiful used 34 foot DP last winter.

This winter for our 2 month trip to AZ, we are going to tow a car. It will be a great thing to have along, but while traveling we will no longer be able to just dive into any stop that looks interesting. A toad will negate the advantages of a small MH, while the disadvantages remain. Having had this 2300 for three years now, I would advise that if a person is going to use a toad most of the time, buy a bigger MH while you are at it.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:29 AM   #13

Thanks for the reply snowman.

I'm pretty sure we need a pair of recliners, I want some room so I have some privacy when my wife is on the phone to her friends and family, a substantial kitchen, and lots of storage.

My Bose noise-cancelling bluetooth headphones are like gold to me. Not everything has to be solved by the floor plan.

I really like the class B and B+, and the smaller Class Cs...but those seem unlikely despite the mobility advantages.

As my wife and I rent RVs, condos, and travel outside the U.S., "our" experiences together on the road may change our perceptions of what we need.

Recently my car was in the shop for a week and a half. I rented a Mercedes GLC300 - that has informed my thoughts as well.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Dylan's RV in Sewell, NJ.

Last fall I replaced all six tires. I installed two Interstate batteries, amazing difference. Also added Sumo springs to the rear.

Please share more about the "differences" you were able to appreciate.
Best of luck with the new rig. They're sweet!
BigPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
Please share more about the "differences" you were able to appreciate.
Best of luck with the new rig. They're sweet!
I believe that you are asking about the differences that I enjoyed after making changes to my Sunseeker. Is that correct?

My experiences are posted in this forum in a few places but here is what I recall at the moment...

Replacing the original tires that had badly cracked sidewalls with B.F. Goodrich tires. I really didn't know which tire brand to get so I shopped for price based on brands that I heard of. Bottom line is that the new tires road smoother and handled better.

I replaced the original battery that had to be charged every day and discharged quickly when in use. The two Interstates were purchased from Interstate Electric nearby. They made new battery wires and connections at the same time. Once I had them a daily hassle was eliminated from my life. I no longer had to worry about charging every day or running out of power in my normal use. They would last a week before showing signs of discharge if I did not use the RV.

The Sunseeker on the Chevy chassis rode and handled well in most situations. Actually it handled very well. The Chevy chassis was rated for much more weight than I was carrying so at times I would experience porpoising on our Pennsylvania highways and some severe sounding banging from the pot holes. I considered air bags and upgraded shocks however the Sumos cost less so I gave them a try. I had them installed on the rear suspension.

A mostly excellent ride was improved and I was surprised to find that the sports car (for a truck) handling was also improved. There was also less interference from passing trucks.

I was planning on a bunch of other improvements including Koni shocks, maybe air bags, and some other stuff that would have cost a few thousand up to maybe $5K. The one thing I couldn't do much with was the tiny bathroom and I wanted a recliner or a sofa but did not want to give up the dinette.

I originally planned to buy a REV but the 24RB was not available and after waiting for a few months we bought the Sunseeker. When we saw that the 24RB was available we bought it. We basically traded up for a much larger bathroom and a sofa. It has an great ride as is and lots of stuff that the Sunseeker did not have. Thee were things that we miss like the wider aisle of the Sunseeker but we adapted. The dog misses the larger cab floor.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #16

Funny that I just traded in a 2013 sunseeker 3170ds last week also at Dylan's rv. They actually sold it while I was there. I bought a gt xl377ts. Haven't really been able to do much with new one yet. Definitely an adjustment.
desant89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by desant89 View Post
Funny that I just traded in a 2013 sunseeker 3170ds last week also at Dylan's rv. They actually sold it while I was there. I bought a gt xl377ts. Haven't really been able to do much with new one yet. Definitely an adjustment.
Well, I hope you enjoy your Georgetown. There is alot to like from my perspective.

Overall I am happy with Dylan's and most of the people that I have met. I have reservations about one or two at their service department facility but others there seem to be fine.

I use my REV almost daily, if not driving then as a retreat from the house commontion. So far this winter has been mostly mild so we haven't been snowed in yet.

Tags
sunseeker