RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #61
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tande View Post
.......Knowledge is knowing that a "Tomato" is a fruit .........common sense/wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad! ......
I love it!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2016, 09:58 PM   #62

Unfortunate circumstances happen to all of from time to time. Bone head move indeed but I'm sure we all have had our "not so great moments".

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2017 Coachmen 292BHDS
2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
jbhodj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2016, 10:17 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Self driving cars will happen long before that, IF the government approves any way....
Considering the topic of the original post, how long before we have self-driving RVs? Maybe this mistake wouldn't happen? Of course, the human could always override the computer and force the error.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:22 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Considering the topic of the original post, how long before we have self-driving RVs? Maybe this mistake wouldn't happen? Of course, the human could always override the computer and force the error.
Wide spread use of all self driving vehicles is probably not all that far away. Take a look at commercial airplanes that not only fly, but land by computers. I remember reading an article some time ago. The author said that one day airplanes will be flown by one pilot and one german sheppard. The pilot will watch the computer, the german sheppard will make sure the pilot does not touch the computer.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2016, 11:50 PM   #65

Now, back to the original topic. I am sure I am missing a lot since we can only see one side of the pumps, but I would think there is plenty of room to squeeze a Class A between those pumps. It looks like he cut it too short. I have squeezed my Georgetown into places I would never dream about taking our old Sun Seeker.

That being said, why did he think he needed to squeeze in between the pumps to begin with. I am a quite sure an end pump would have opened up well before he ran out of gas. It sounds like the son heard the guy's DW making the same argument. It all comes down to having a little patience. IMO sometimes we get what we deserve.
tkarper14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2016, 06:46 AM   #66

"That looks a little tight"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarper14 View Post
That being said, why did he think he needed to squeeze in between the pumps to begin with. I am a quite sure an end pump would have opened up well before he ran out of gas. It sounds like the son heard the guy's DW making the same argument. It all comes down to having a little patience. IMO sometimes we get what we deserve.
I've noticed my father's road rage becomes active when driving his A due to people pulling out in front of him, etc. When this happens he tends to make hasty decisions. I'm picturing some people parked in a manner that is not "Big Rig" compatible. Add a little road rage and people will try risky stuff. Truck drivers do it all the time. I hear them complaining on the CB then they are driving aggressively and lose their common sense. I've driven his A a few times, but I have a 46' 5th wheel and I always over analyze gas stations, ramps, parking lots, etc. Sure I might fit, but if I don't... My suggestion is take you time, be smart and if you are not sure... just wait for a better option. You are supposed to be on vacation anyway. What is the rush?
JoeyNiq is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
gas