Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 12:58 AM   #21
jkoenig24

Condolences on your loss and congratulations on your desire to keep on RVing. YES, there ARE schools AND independent driver instructors for RVers. You don't say where you are so, I'd recommend you start with a Google search for "RV Driver Training"

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ining%20school

Some instructors will come to you and, teach you using YOUR RV. I have seen training offered at major RV rallies (sometimes before and / or after a rally). I'd also recommend you find and attend an RV Boot Camp. Mistakes made with RVs are often costly and, sometimes dangerous. Now that you're on your own, it would be wise to spend a couple of days to update / expand your RV knowledge. The Escapees RV Club run an excellent RV Boot Camp (there are other providers too). It seems to me that your instincts are good so, listen to your inner voice and, keep asking questions both here and, on other forums. Remember that checklists are an RVer's friend. A good checklist will help ensure that you cover all the bases, especially now that you're doing it all solo.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgahlhoff View Post
I am not sure what is going on with this, first time
Sounds like a friend of yours is getting a jump on April Fools Day !!!
Or your DW does not like the way you drive ???
LOL !!!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #23

You might want to see if Camping World in your area has a driving school. We brought our Motorhome from them and for use they had a free driving school that was excellent!
A smart man learns from every one and becomes wise."
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #24
Site Team

The site team has closed this thread while we look into the OP stating he did not actually start this thread. We decided to go ahead and leave it viewable, as there is good information posted to the initial question, that may help others in the future who might need the same.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread