Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #21

This is our first RV, so I'm not sure what all that is or does, but I can tell you as far as I know, it does as well as can be expected for a 32' 12-14,000lb "bus"!

We took it up two "mountains" (hills compared to real colorado mountains) here in arkansas and it's done well. Has tons of storage, we've got her set up and still have empty spots all over!

We wish we'd gotten the package with auto levelers though. Would make set up a breeze.

We love the outside entertainment center and kitchen but we've replaced the outdoor fridge with an ice maker, we find it more useful.

All in all we love it! We love the layout the best.

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOutRV View Post
How did your shopping trip go?

Only have found the Leprechaun 319 in stock, no Forester 3011s or SunSeeker 3010s to be found anywhere in our area to compare.

PaulMlac - Thanks for pointing out the difference in roof types. I would think the Forester has the more desirable roof type?
Rzbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #23

Both the Forester and the Sunseeker have a fiberglass roof. I don't want to start a roof war. Many folks are partial to what they own and there are plenty of war stories both for and against the various roof types. That said, I would argue fiberglass is desirable. Can be damaged but not as easily as a tree branch tearing it. Don't need to treat it to avoid black streaks down the side of the camper. All types need regular checks.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Both the Forester and the Sunseeker have a fiberglass roof. I don't want to start a roof war. Many folks are partial to what they own and there are plenty of war stories both for and against the various roof types. That said, I would argue fiberglass is desirable. Can be damaged but not as easily as a tree branch tearing it. Don't need to treat it to avoid black streaks down the side of the camper. All types need regular checks.
Well said Paulmlac.

Does anyone have the swivel driver and passenger seats? Would like to hear pros and cons of the swivel seats. Would not having them be a deal killer?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #25

I have a swivel driver seat. The passenger side is fixed. Kind of on the cool factor but in the summer time I have/had it covered up with the curtain on both my hot trips.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #26

I thought I wanted that but we also keep our cab closed off with the curtain most if the time anyway and the one I sat in that had them didn't sit very comfortably. Too low from the other seats, felt awkward.

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #27

We are doing the same comparison, the 319DSF vs Forrester 3011s. Like the theater seating & the outdoor kitchen, etc in the Leprechaun. What about the enclosed dumps in the Forrester vs exposed on the Leprechaun, any thoughts there? Looked more convenient. Also, would you spring for the auto levelers, or is it not an issue when set-up?
greenwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwr View Post
We are doing the same comparison, the 319DSF vs Forrester 3011s. Like the theater seating & the outdoor kitchen, etc in the Leprechaun. What about the enclosed dumps in the Forrester vs exposed on the Leprechaun, any thoughts there? Looked more convenient. Also, would you spring for the auto levelers, or is it not an issue when set-up?
I have the Forester 3171 and I like the enclosed dump. It is higher up for one so no kneeling or crawling under to get to the tank valves. I also like that it's cleaner look on the outside as well as gives an additional level of enclosure from the colder temperatures.

I noticed on one Leprechaun 290QB at a local dealer that the dump had an access door in the sidewall but someone at the factory missed, the connection was 6 inches passed the access door. The door simply gave you a view of the back treads of the rear tire.

Auto levelers - yes! I came from a TT and I had it setup with a jack socket set in a cordless drill. Made quick work of setting the jack stands down but twice I arrived at the campground while raining. I didn't fool with the jacks until the next day but with the auto leveler, just level up from the drivers seat in the rain/shine/cold/heat (though I do try to put Linx blocks under the leveler pads - I'll skip that when wet or raining).

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwr View Post
I have the 319DSF and love it. Ample counter space and storage. Great unit.
2013leprechaun319dsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #30

We have a 2013 Leprechaun 317 that has swivel seats. Since the booth is directly behind the passenger seat it makes that seat pretty useless for seating other than facing forward. The drivers seat swivels and opens into the living area nicely though. I am 6'5" though and I have found that it is just too low to the fround to be useful for me. It would be nice for a child I suppose. In the 319, because the booth is placed differently, the passenger seat swivel might be useful. If I didn't have swivel seats on my unit it wouldn't mean anything to me.
GollyCollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #31

DW and I finally got the change to check out the Leprechaun 319 DSF and the Forester 3011 DS. Both of the units had good and bad points, but we finally made a decision to go with the Forester 3011 DS, the only problem was the camper in stock did not have all the options that we wanted, so we are waiting on inventory. Hopefully we will have a new RV in the near future.

Thanks to all that given opinions and suggestions to our questions. They have been very helpful as we compared the different units.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzbot View Post
DW and I finally got the change to check out the Leprechaun 319 DSF and the Forester 3011 DS. Both of the units had good and bad points, but we finally made a decision to go with the Forester 3011 DS, the only problem was the camper in stock did not have all the options that we wanted, so we are waiting on inventory. Hopefully we will have a new RV in the near future.

Thanks to all that given opinions and suggestions to our questions. They have been very helpful as we compared the different units.
You say you are waiting on inventory. Are you getting the options that you want, without paying for any options that you don't want?

Our dealer, Bob Ledford's RV Adventure in Greer, SC, was happy to order a Sunseeker with the options that we wanted. Although we paid a deposit, he said that the 3010 was the his best seller and with the options we ordered, if we decided to not take it he would give all our money back and would put it in his inventory.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
You say you are waiting on inventory. Are you getting the options that you want, without paying for any options that you don't want?

Our dealer, Bob Ledford's RV Adventure in Greer, SC, was happy to order a Sunseeker with the options that we wanted. Although we paid a deposit, he said that the 3010 was the his best seller and with the options we ordered, if we decided to not take it he would give all our money back and would put it in his inventory.

DW and I are waiting for the RV show in January in our area. If we don't find what we want there with the options we are looking for then we will order one from a local dealer. At least that is the plan for now.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #34

Is it ok to walk on the fiberglass roof on the Forester and SunSeeker? If so I would think the fiberglass roof would be slipperier than the TPO roofs.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #35

Yes, it is okay to walk in the fiberglass roof. It has a texture and isn't slippery when it is dry. I am cautious when I wash it because the washing solution does make it more slippery.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #36

I have a good insurance policy on my DW and I send her up there. .

No it is not slippery. Like anything you need to be careful.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
I have a good insurance policy on my DW and I send her up there. .

No it is not slippery. Like anything you need to be careful.

MikeRP I like your way of thinking! I think I will just watch while the DW takes care of the roof.

Thanks guys for the info.

Tags
forester, sunseeker