RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #1

Looking for Class C Outside Mirror Advice

The picture is of a standard Velvac 71548 on my class c. I am looking for an upgrade and was thinking about getting a larger stick-on mirror that goes all the way across and replace the 2 at the bottom. But it wouldn't be independently adjustable. I don't even know what the small round one is for. I sure can't see anything in it from drivers seat.

Maybe get another mirror to connect to the bottom of the mirror or on the mirror arm?

Maybe spend some more money and just get an entire new mirror?

I really don't know what would be the best way to go. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror_2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	226836  
Old 04-13-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Going out on a limb here.....but I’m assuming you are NOT the original owner of this rig, and therefore, you did not install either of the convex mirrors along the bottom of the main mirror.

I can tell you, the smaller inside round convex mirror is doing a great job of showing you the side of your own rig, but not much else. You can remove that one.

The best convex mirror gets positioned like the larger one closer to the outside edge of the main mirror. You only need to see a minimal amount of your own rig closest to the main mirror mount. The bulk of what’s visible in the mirror is ONLY to show you something that MAY be in your blind spot close to your rig. Where it’s field of view ends, your main mirror starts. Maybe a little moving of your head, but these two mirrors should work in unison to help you see.

I also sent you a private message.....see up at top right of the main screen.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S
and might rarely get pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c