Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2014, 01:20 PM   #1

Magnadyne radio speed cycling

Ok here is my newest adventure and the wierdest. Today getting ready to take rv to dealer for repairs, and state inspection, my wife yells up to me that the sub woofer is making a " boom, boom", sound over and over. I get down and check and sure enough the sub woofer is making like a deep bass beat . I look at radio and the screen is going on/off, on/off, on /off and it is sending a bass sound out. Tried to power off the radio it did nothing, so I started up the rig and then when I hit the on/off button the radio turned off and the beat stopped. I tried to turn radio on and at first it started the wierdest screen cycle then settled down and started working. So i thought ok let's turn of rv and see what happens. Off goes rv radio stayed on like it should, then I powered it off and again after about a minute the screen went nuts again and the loud deep bass went to sub woofer, again started rv turned on radio it worked. Now we had and 1 1/2 drive to dealer, radio worked properly. When I got there I shut off rig then radio, and you know what? Of course NO SCREEN CYCLING NO BASS BANGING. What the ...... ????
So added it to list of repairs given to dealer, said they would look at it, they have had a lot of problems with this system, never this one, but did not surprise him.
Has anyone else had problems with their Magdanelyne radio system?
2014 3051S
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Type Magnadyne in the search box - several threads. There is a reset "paper clip" button lower left. When acting really weird, reset sometimes works to correct.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #3

Yep, lots of problems with updates. I purchased the GPS updates off their website and downloaded the software to keep it current. The micro disk went bad and had to get a new one. I am buying a Garmin RV GPS and will only use this radio for satellite radio.

Frank

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #4

My M4-lcd locked up pretty frequently and needed the paper clip to reset it. After I updated the software that problem went completely away.

In my 3170 the magnadyne will run off either the coach or house batteries, and it with auto switch between the two. When running off the house batteries I will get a hum from the subwoofer if they start getting low. If this is the case with yours, next time it hums try to just switch on the ignition key without changing anything else.
lowreyfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:03 PM   #5

Had problems with mine also, clock would change time GPS would work sometimes and then would quit. So I bought a new 7 " Garmin GPS for our one month trip south. Had problems with the Garmin also. It could not get sat signal unless it was stuck to the driver side window and then it still lost signal. The Garmin did not work when placed on the front window or anywhere on the dash. Going with my IPhone now.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Type Magnadyne in the search box - several threads. There is a reset "paper clip" button lower left. When acting really weird, reset sometimes works to correct.
X2. Just do the reset. Your dealer can't help you with the magnedyne. The o/s is a microsoft lite system and every once in a while get out of joint in my expierence as well. The hard reset allows the files to reload correctly. Sorta like going to the chiropractor!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to MSGCOONS
anyone get to watch DVD thru the radio to the TV?
MSGCOONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:36 AM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

All I use mine for is the camera function; everything else is like a bad joke!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #9

We watch DVD's using our magnadyne all the time, but use the touch screen on the unit to control , plays fine through TV . Even has surround sound , but if it's too loud I have to climb to front seat to control volume. I stream my iPhone thru the unit for music. Use iPhone for nav

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #10

Where is the sub woofer located. I have a 2014 Forester 2861DS with a Magnadyne unit.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
coldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #11
7 Year Class A RV'er

Subwoofer? Wow! They went all out on the speakers for the Magnedyne on the Legacy.....you get two 3" diameter speakers located on the ceiling about 3' behind the front seats and up against the edge of the electric bunk. If you listen really hard, sometimes you can even hear them!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #12

My mag works great. The GPS is more accurate than my Garmin (surprised). I use the Mag remote to control volume when watching TV and use the equalizer to adjust speakers. Everything works.

Tags
radio