Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #1

MBS - Sharp Ladder Tops Solution

This post pertains to Mercedes Benz Sprinter (MBS) models across all 3 lines - Solera, Sunseeker, and Forester. There are still 3 separate forums for these but I'm hopeful they will be combined soon so that the MBS platform has one home.

We picked up a new Sunseeker 2400R recently and we've started doing some organizing and customizing to better meet our needs. One of the first things we encountered was the presence of really sharp edges at the top of the ladder for the over-head bunk. My daughter scratched her foot on her very first time up the ladder. To solve this, I bought a couple of 90 degree foam covers at Home Depot that are designed to wrap hot water pipes. They fit perfectly over the sharp parts and I secured them with some black electrical tape. It looks decent and protects little feet perfectly. I'll attach pictures below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladder with sharp edges.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	79392

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ladder sharp edges covered.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	79393
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Senior Junior Member

Looks like you found a solution to the problem. I may be looking at doing that too because I have one on order. I am surprised the bar corners are not rounded to match the contour of the pipe rails. BTW, how do you like this unit? Any other issues so far?