Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
RnR

MH, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Hi Folks,
I'm new to this forum and a potential motor home owner. I currently own a fith wheel SOB (Some Other Brand), while it is a decent unit and we enjoy it, we have a desire to move to a ClassA DP. I have no experience with FR or ClassA's, so I'm looking for any comments on FR quality, problems, service, what stands out, etc. I have been browsing the forum, but you know how newbies are we like to ask the pros and draw off their vast experience of rving.

Thanks in advance.

Ron
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My personal opinion. FR delivers more for the dollar than any other manufacturer. Are they perfect, no but neither are the others where you would spend considerable more than with FR. To date we've had a few issues, minor but FR has taken care of them as well as the dealer closest to me. When we decide to either upgrade or downgrade I will be looking at FR first. The only thing I'd like to see from them are more floor plans in the Berkshire line. There are layouts from other manufacturers we like more than what FR currently offers but who knows, next year they may offer the one we like. No matter who you decide to go with you'll hear the good, the bad and the ugly. Everyone has an opinion, this is just mine from my own experience.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
Pete

I've had three of 'em. an '02, '05 and 2010. I'll keep going with FR until something really bad or annoying happens. I can't imagine what that would be.

Our '02 was a "leaker" and they never could find or solve the problem. We negotiated with them and got the '05. Traded the '05 in on the 2010 January of 2010.

In my opinion, for the dollars expended, FR Georgetowns are a great value. As previously stated, you could spend many $1,000'S more and really find not much difference, if any; but, still will could have the same problems that you might have with any motorhome manufacturer.

On the '02, I was impressed that FR negotiated with us, and made us "Happy" with a new unit.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

We're still new to the whole RV experience, but there is a big $ difference in Class A Gas versus Diesel. Can`t comment on justifying the money for the motor part unless you know you`re planning on mega mileage with your unit, or major towing considerations. Obviously diesel will outlast a typical gas motor, but at what cost to you. When you look at the interior options and layouts, they become very similar except that dollar costs can offer extravagence in diesel models you can`t get otherwise.

Either way

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
RnR

Thanks for for your input.. You can't beat experience, it helps us newbies, wantabies, gonabies (maybe creating new words) to make informed decisions..
Happy Camping
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits. Pro 16:2
2011 Berkshire 390BH DP
RnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We have also owned other brands and are very happy with the Berkshire. Before we bought our Berkshire we looked at Damon (now Thor), Tiffin, Fleetwood, and Winnebago/Itasca. The Berkshire was by far the best value of them all. The Tiffins are nice, but from what I've been reading I'm beginning to wonder if Tiffin isn't relying a lot on past reputation rather than current performance.