Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
New to RV’s. We are looking at getting into the market and would like any thoughts on the following please. Good and bad, MPG expected diesel or petrol. We have narrowed it to the following layouts. Also any other brands to look at would be appreciated.

Coachman leprechaun 240fs
Forester 2401W mobs
Sunseeker 2400W
Dynamax Corp Isata 3 Series 24FW
Regards and thanks on advance

If you drive the MBS diesel side by side with a comparable size gas unit, the comparison will be pretty clear. A short write-up wouldn't do justice to it. You should do the side by side comparison yourself. It is well worth your time.

We almost bought the 2401W - it's a marvelous layout with very large open area once the wall slider is extended, and the bathroom is very large. However, it is very short on storage space both inside and out. Also one small point that could be a long-term irritant - one of the sides of the bed doesn't have a window to look out at the stars at night and to see the sunrise in the morning. "Someone" may not like that. We decided on the 2401R over the 2401W because of the generally good layout, good bed set-up, bathroom sink outside the bathroom so two can use parts of the facilities at once, better storage space inside, and very large storage outside. Again, look at them in person side by side and the comparison will be clear - but you may still choose the 2401W as many happy people have done.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:15 AM   #22

Thanks for the reply. In the end we looked at the freelander 260FS and liked the extra room and seating. Next look was the sunseeker 2700DS both of these are 27.5 and 28 fit respectively. We could not get to look at the leprechaun 260FS. In the end we have settled and ordered the sunseeker 2700DS. As you pointed out the external bathroom sink was the clincher for my darling along with the windows in the bedroom area. The sunseeker has less external storage than I would have liked but we feel we got a great price from Longview in CT. The options included the entertainment center instead of the overhead bed and air con with heat pump. Delivery in about 6 weeks but TBA

Wayne
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #23

We looked at the 2700DS too and it's a nice model. Have fun with it.

One other great feature of the 2401R I forgot to mention (in case others interested) is the solid wood door between the bedroom and rest of unit, which is in addition to the accordion style divider between the bathroom area and front of unit. This is great for those who need privacy (if kids or others up front) and also for letting someone (not me...) sleep later in the back while someone else gets up to walk the dog and make coffee.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #24

Hopefully your slideouts work. If you read these posts there are alot of problems with slideouts.
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #25
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley58 View Post
Hopefully your slideouts work. If you read these posts there are alot of problems with slideouts.
If you read these posts there are a LOT of problems with EVERYTHING.

People who do not have problems seldom post about what a great unit they have.
Just the nature of the beast. (forums)

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #26

first trip in the sunseeker 2700ds

The first fuel economy is 7.8 per gallon. That was a lot of town running. The other is the first 3days are internal running. So far I am impressed with this unit and propane usage is minimal. Living space is great and roomie. Over all 10 out of 10 for this
Old 06-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley58 View Post
people are asking questions about things they need help with. They don't ask about something that works just fine. Find a thread where someone was boasting about how wonderful their black tank is.Jeez
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #28

Not sure on your reply I think my original post has been crossed. If you have a problem with slide outs on a new unit go to the dealer.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #29

"I think my original post has been crossed" And that is directed at whom?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #30

We also chose the SunSeeker 2700DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
The first fuel economy is 7.8 per gallon. That was a lot of town running. The other is the first 3days are internal running. So far I am impressed with this unit and propane usage is minimal. Living space is great and roomie. Over all 10 out of 10 for this
Greetings to knoddy from Puget Sound, WA,
We just went through the same process in choosing our SunSeeker 2700DS. Starting out I set the limit to 24-26' since I'd be doing the driving. Wife had other ideas, liking the 32' models best with their walk-around bed and gobs of storage. So we compromised when she found the 2700 more than acceptable. I figured mileage would be in the neighborhood of 8mpg. Our local SunSeeker dealer advised us that the 2500TS was their biggest seller which was tempting if it was just me. We opted for a used 2015 model that had solar power, booth dinette, twin bunks, with just a single TV over the entry door and the single radio being the one in the dash. Being an amateur radio op, I've got radio necessities covered in my own way. We've not taken possession yet but hope to next week sometime. We both especially like the spaciousness of the living area with the overhead bunks for grandchild, and usable sink while someone occupies the large rear bath. Great choice!
northerlee is offline   Reply With Quote