RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

Exclamation Retired Park Ranger, Full time camper, and irritated as all get out.

OK folks I am a retired Military Police, Federal Agent and Park Ranger-Prophetstown IL State park.

I have lived full time for 7 months in my TT after I permanently retired.

I have a list of what I have seen and I have seen it all. If you have a new one let me know. But if I see them I do my darndest to insure you never camp at the park again. Be it a military base (I am retired) a state park or Corp of Engineer site. I do not camp at private campgrounds.

If you find it ok to leave the fire pit/grill full of tinfoil chicken bones, or other meat bones or trash I hope you are banned and I banned a bunch of people from IL state parks for leaving crap.

Do you really feel it is ok to leave the new guy or park staff to pick up after you? It is not.

Do you feel (I am a smoker) it is ok for you to toss your butts on the ground? It is Not.

Oh and not the last but not least you needed you have a bowel movement and drank to much so it was a good idea on the grill part of the fire pit to sit and do business or next to my tree.

Do you feel it is ok to light fireworks in any of these types parks that make noise? It is not. Go ahead if allowed use sparkling things, smoke type things or any other thing legal. If you wake this old combat vet up at 11pm with your personal display I will and have brought my Halon fire extinguisher to your site and ruin your display. PS under citizen arrest laws I can do just that and as a 26 year police officer I carry cuffs and will press charges.

Now my gripe that I cannot blame you for. I travel full time and awake at 3 am so I am on the go always by 5 am. I hate waiting for you until departure time. But that is my fault.

Wow I feel better now. PS as I arrive early I photograph the site and in most cases I arrive to one other site on the Campground and as my TT and Truck have 360 degree cameras I record you doing such. Then I send it to the state or Recreation.gov and if your a soldier on a base well I own you then.

God bless Tony
TonyShope is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #2

So where you staying next?
kcmusa is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #3

Sounds like a grumpy old guy. Chill out, have a few beers and enjoy your retirement bro.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmusa View Post
So where you staying next?

😂😂😂😂. I needed a good laugh.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #5

Seems like a pleasant enough fellow.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:13 PM   #6

Hey Tony, can you post up a picture/description of your rig so that I will know where not to camp? I mean, I don't want you to have to pull out your infraction book or anything.
seagrace is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #7

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Just on the "Departure Time" thing ... some of us find our next route includes metro areas, construction, other dynamic road sharing exercises, and as such we choose to hang out at our camp sites as long as we can.

Minnesota State Parks for example, run as late as 4 PM departure, at least that is what they print on the reservation receipts and facilities rules.

Take our word, that the horrors of being corporate professionals are right up there with what you describe. In the Information Technology business, we are often ... err ... compelled to work closely with people who come from cultures and countries that do not yet embrace such innovations as French Plumbing. Our coping mechanism is to appreciate that the company has provided us with such rich entertainment.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShope View Post
OK folks I am a retired Military Police, Federal Agent and Park Ranger-Prophetstown IL State park.

I have lived full time for 7 months in my TT after I permanently retired.

I have a list of what I have seen and I have seen it all. If you have a new one let me know. But if I see them I do my darndest to insure you never camp at the park again. Be it a military base (I am retired) a state park or Corp of Engineer site. I do not camp at private campgrounds.

If you find it ok to leave the fire pit/grill full of tinfoil chicken bones, or other meat bones or trash I hope you are banned and I banned a bunch of people from IL state parks for leaving crap.

Do you really feel it is ok to leave the new guy or park staff to pick up after you? It is not.

Do you feel (I am a smoker) it is ok for you to toss your butts on the ground? It is Not.

Oh and not the last but not least you needed you have a bowel movement and drank to much so it was a good idea on the grill part of the fire pit to sit and do business or next to my tree.

Do you feel it is ok to light fireworks in any of these types parks that make noise? It is not. Go ahead if allowed use sparkling things, smoke type things or any other thing legal. If you wake this old combat vet up at 11pm with your personal display I will and have brought my Halon fire extinguisher to your site and ruin your display. PS under citizen arrest laws I can do just that and as a 26 year police officer I carry cuffs and will press charges.

Now my gripe that I cannot blame you for. I travel full time and awake at 3 am so I am on the go always by 5 am. I hate waiting for you until departure time. But that is my fault.

Wow I feel better now. PS as I arrive early I photograph the site and in most cases I arrive to one other site on the Campground and as my TT and Truck have 360 degree cameras I record you doing such. Then I send it to the state or Recreation.gov and if your a soldier on a base well I own you then.

God bless Tony
Tony, you really need to get those hemorrhoids fixed.
Schvarak is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvarak View Post
tony, you really need to get those hemorrhoids fixed.
😂😂😂😂
Old 07-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Sounds like a grumpy old guy. Chill out, have a few beers and enjoy your retirement bro.
x2
Old 07-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #11

TonyShope

thanks for your service...

I'm sure Park Ranger was the most challenging service of the 3 you mentioned.

Now forget being a ranger and just be a camper.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #12

Legitimate gripes I think most would agree, maybe could work on the delivery.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShope View Post
PS as I arrive early I photograph the site and in most cases I arrive to one other site on the Campground and as my TT and Truck have 360 degree cameras I record you doing such. Then I send it to the state or Recreation.gov and if your a soldier on a base well I own you then.

God bless Tony

So for the first few items I was with you Tony... the trash and chicken bones etc, the human discharge on the grill, inexcusable no doubt. Fireworks when not allowed and late at night, same thing with you, up to the point of a citizens arrest, but that's mainly because I'm usually non-confrontational.

In all sincerity, it seems you are not happy in your current situation. Being retired, why not simply move on to a new place or job and remove that aggravation from your life? Seems to me the policing of people runs pretty deep after your long career that it's difficult to turn off. I mean no disrespect, but now that your retired, let someone else handle that job. It's time you relax and enjoy life, you've earned it.
foretm is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #14

What he said !
Yeti is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #15

Retired Park Ranger, Full time camper, and irritated as all get out.

I hope this is someone's attempt at a joke.... if not post a pic of your rig so I know to just turn around and camp somewhere where you aren't. I come from a similar professional background and I couldn't disagree more!

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #16

Why?

After your work experiences, and unhappy ones at that, why would you decide to full time RV? Although there is always bad with the good, your post seems to be a very unhealthy way to live. Hope you find, and concentrate on, all the good around you. Peace.
SC 2017 is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #17
Censored Member

I had to laugh out loud at this post. I think someone must have started drinking a little too early today. Citizens arrest…too funny.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #18

I'm retired after 25 years as a Cleveland Ohio police officer, and the last thing I want to do is put myself in the middle of what folks may or may not be doing anymore (major crime excluded, of course). Life's to short to go around being upset about the lack of courtesy others have. I just kick back and shake my head because NOW I CAN

JMHO

2019 Entegra Aspire 44W
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
KennyGolub is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:47 PM   #19

I agree Kenny, no need to get upset because you can't fix stupid.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply
Old 07-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #20

Now I'm a mixed bag of emotions. A month ago, Tony, we would have loved to have you around. There were campers(?) using a tarp for a tent. Trash all though the site. Found chicken bones and corn on the cobs lying on the street. Threw all remaining firewood into the pit, lit a fire and left!

But then last week we had the park police at our site twice!! We were only allowed one vehicle on site even though PLENTY of room for two. Rules are rules I know it was not my intent to break them. First incident was a camping neighbor who stopped to ask about hitch. The second incident the DD was loading things in her car and was actively doing so when officer stopped. This guy was a horrible person. He stayed there to watch to be sure she was loading and leaving. He seemed like at any moment he would tackle and taze all of us. He reminded me of a perverted mall cop(not to offend anyone in this profession). Yes we did report him, completely unprofessional. Hope you were not "this" guy.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
camper, tire