Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #1

Roof sealant ?

Hello...I have a question about the type of sealant to use around the sky light of our 2012 Forester 3011. Looking at the Dicor video it says that most sky lights require a different type of sealer. Sur-bond SB140. What do you use to seal your sky light with ??
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #2
Roger and Paula

I got a can of Flex-seal and sprayed it. That stuff really bonds and is really as water-proof as they advertise. You do have to seal the roof regularly, but Flex-seal is good for a quick seal. I had a leak pop around one of my lights on the front of the unit, water penetrated into the cabinet area above the cab. Shot the lights and other leak-prone areas with Flex-seal, no more leak.
Rstrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #3

I called our dealer, was told to use the Dicor
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #4

With the fiberglass roof, our dealer encouraged the use of Nuflex 311. Said Winnie uses it and they have had great luck with it. So far, I like it a lot better than Dicor. Adheres to most anything, self levels, and has a nice cured finish.
mattnlisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof