Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2022, 02:08 PM   #1

Selling a 2015 Sunseeker 3010

I’m just starting to plan selling my Sunseeker 3010, and honestly not sure of even a ballpark of what I should ask. I was at the Hershey show and a dealer offered me $50k without asking anything about it. Wondering if anyone has sold theirs recently and might have a range for it.
30k miles, no kids, so everything is in good condition. I’ve put rec pro recliners in, in place of the couch. Came with the big foot levelers, outside tv. I installed Bilstein shocks, Helwig sway bars front and back, safe t plus, rear track bar, so it handles about as good as a c class will handle.
I had transmission fluid changed at the beginning of this season and the serpentine belt replaced. Always change oil before it is time to. Dinette seat cushions are starting to crack, but I have someone to reupholster them.
If anyone has a good idea of the price range, that would be great. I can’t seem to get an answer from any dealers I spoke to. Thanks for any help!
carol108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:18 AM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

IMO you should have taken the $50k. As a rule of thumb the ACV of your unit is about 20% less than the retail value which you can find here: https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/...y-Forest-River

Your mileage (low), automatic hydraulic leveling and full body paint are in reality the only “add-ons” that add any significant value. A new set of tires is a selling feature as is fixing the vinyl seating however that is for the retail consumer and not the wholesaler. You will get the most out of your unit by selling it yourself along with the most headaches. Next is consignment followed by trading it in and selling to wholesaler is last.

I just parted with my 2018 GTS 2800QS last week. The market is still hot so if you paid 30%+ off MSRP when you bought it new you will be in good shape.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:30 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I just started checking into it, and when dealers were in the 50k range and said I’m better off selling it on my own I figured it might be much higher. In looking at some sights that sell them, most seem to be in the 50-65k range, but many seem to be stripped down versions.
With the tax savings, it may be worth not going through the aggravation of selling on my own.
carol108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker