Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #1

Slide Tool

One of the Forums recently touched on a slide problem and talked about a "Slide Tool" used for manually cranking a slide in. Since our recently purchased Georgetown 349TSF has 3 slides we should probably get one of these.

Or can a socket wrench get the job done just as easily?

Finally, has anyone ever had to manually crank their slide in?
If so, please tell us about it.

Thanks..
Old 04-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #2

No I never have but have always wanted to know. Suppose you are camping and the slide is stuck in the open position due to a mechanical or power failure. You would be totally stuck and able to move it down the road. Mine is a 2250 forest river sun seeker with a queen bed slideout in the rear. My rather generic manual shows the slide out motor and a nut on the end where you can turn it with a drill or hand socket wrench to manually move the slide in or out. But where is the damn motor and how do you access it. No one at the dealership has a clue, and I've asked this question on this forum many times, but so far I have never Been given an answer. I know the motor is in different places on different models, but does anyone have my model, that can answer this question?
Nicko12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

I have a Forester and after a panicked hour or so I found it in the outside cabinet. It is right up at the top so kinda hard to spot, especially in the dark. Very easy to crank in, I used a small wrench.

Dealer fooled around and it worked every time until they call me to pick it up. Hour later they called saying they needed another week to replace my motor. All good since.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #4

On mine, which is a 22 foot sunseeker, with queen bed slideout, the motor was not in an outside cabinet, driving me crazy
Nicko12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #5

My motor is above the main floor too, just a little stub sticking into the storage cabinet below just big enough for a wrench or socket.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #6

I have a Berkshire and in the hydraulic's compartment, there's a fitting like you find on a floor jack that you can insert a pump handle (which I found in an inside closet) and actually pump the slide open or closed... Hope I NEVER get to try it out.....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
I have a Berkshire and in the hydraulic's compartment, there's a fitting like you find on a floor jack that you can insert a pump handle (which I found in an inside closet) and actually pump the slide open or closed... Hope I NEVER get to try it out.....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
not quite that simple as you have to manually set the zone valves to in or out before you pump. Then remember to set them back or the slide can move on it's own. Procedure seams odd and I hope I never have to do it. I will not even practice it on my unit. Wish Forest River would make a video.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote