RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 12
Spare Tire

I am sure this has been discussed but I could not find anything under search so I will ask and probably receive several tutorials on searching this forum

I am purchasing a new (2019 but new) FR3 29DS. I don't see a spare tire anyplace, the sales rep says he does not know and I need to talk to the owner who is always busy. I am assuming it does not come with a spare. I am wondering how others have dealt with this issue, seems scary heading out without a spare tire.
flightconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightconn View Post
I am sure this has been discussed but I could not find anything under search so I will ask and probably receive several tutorials on searching this forum

I am purchasing a new (2019 but new) FR3 29DS. I don't see a spare tire anyplace, the sales rep says he does not know and I need to talk to the owner who is always busy. I am assuming it does not come with a spare. I am wondering how others have dealt with this issue, seems scary heading out without a spare tire.
First of all, you need a new sales rep. Saying “I don’t know” and then assigning you the task of chasing down the owner is not a sales rep that would earn my business.

Anyway, here’s a thread from 2017 that says nope, no spare tire on FR3. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...re-138757.html

Hint: put “FR3 spare tire” in the search box, hit search, and you’ll get a half dozen threads on the topic.

I made sure the class C I bought came with a spare. A motorhome with no spare or no place to put one was immediately scratched off my list.
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
First of all, you need a new sales rep. Saying “I don’t know” and then assigning you the task of chasing down the owner is not a sales rep that would earn my business.

Anyway, here’s a thread from 2017 that says nope, no spare tire on FR3. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...re-138757.html

Hint: put “FR3 spare tire” in the search box, hit search, and you’ll get a half dozen threads on the topic.

I made sure the class C I bought came with a spare. A motorhome with no spare or no place to put one was immediately scratched off my list.

LOL on the new salesman. To be fair, this is a TT sales lot and this guy readly admitted he knew nothing about motor-homes.

Thank you for the link and the tips on searching.
flightconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightconn View Post
LOL on the new salesman. To be fair, this is a TT sales lot and this guy readly admitted he knew nothing about motor-homes.
That’s no excuse. If the salesman says he knows nothing about motorhomes, the very next words out of his mouth should be, “but I will get with someone who does know and get you the answers to all your questions.” That’s how he can earn your business.
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.