Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #1

sunseeker vs solera

Can anyone point to a place to see the diffs between a Solera and a Sunseeker?

I am looking at the Solera 27DSE vs the Sunseeker 2550dsle
Layout wise they seem identical (even same technical specs).

I am also look at the Solera 32DSK vs the Sunseeker 3010 DS -- again from the website, seems to have the exact same layout and dimesions.

Anyone have a detailed one vs other listing for these two?
I have never owned an RV, so just beginning this journey looking to options.
Thanks!
jlg05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:39 AM   #2

The Solera name was recently resurrected and applied to a new class C product line that appears to be very little different from Forester and Sunseeker. I have not seen a modern Solera in person, but from the photos it looks just like a Sunseeker LE in construction, quality, and features. Even today’s Forester, once a slightly upscale brand, has been cheapened to be essentially the same product as Sunseeker.

I suspect the Solera product as it is today exists to possibly attract a slightly different crowd by way of some subtle styling differences, or to make it easy for two dealers across the street from each other to sell essentially the same product but claim it is something different.

I would choose based on the proximity and reputation of the dealers that are selling them, and if you might have a preference for particular interior colors or external stickers.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. For a quick first comparison download both brochures and compare them side by side for tech specs and features to see what is included versus optional.

After that I'd need to be able to do a walk thru of the units to see if there is any significant difference is materials and build quality.

I think Behind Bars assessment is pretty close. The Solera appears to be a bit of "badge engineering" like the Chevrolet versus GMC truck. Same basic unit with different trim.

I've attached the 2022 Sunseeker brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022sunseekerbrochure.pdf (6.76 MB, 95 views)
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera, sunseeker