Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #1

Wiring Schematics

Does anyone know how I can obtain factory wiring schematics for a 2001 Sunseeker? I tried emailing the factory but can't find any email addresses. I want to add some accessories inside the home but need to know how the factory wired the rv.

Thank you,
Lloyd
Old 10-31-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
I Love RVing Outpost

I'll send myself a reminder tomorrow to make a call for you. I might be able to at least get you an e-mail address or phone number for someone to talk to about getting that information.

Julie

We've got your RV Parts, Supplies & Accessories (Family owned and operated!) ------>>> RVing Outpost

Mrs. Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
Canadian Camper

You can maybe contact Jerry in parts/service (Forest River) at (574) 642-2640 ext 127 and find what you need.
gygagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
I Love RVing Outpost

Let me know if Jerry is able to help you. If not, maybe I can find someone else.

Julie

We've got your RV Parts, Supplies & Accessories (Family owned and operated!) ------>>> RVing Outpost

Mrs. Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #5

Thanks for the input folks! I got a hold of Jerry but he works in a different division so I talked to another individual who doesn't want to be named on the forum. Apparently this isn't the first request for wiring diagrams on the rvs. He said he would do what he could but didn't know if it go anywhere.

It's too bad this kind of information isn't standard with the motorhome documentation. The only other way I see to find this out is to start tearing out wiring channels and meter each wire back to where they originate. Sure seems like a lot of work to go through when we all know this diagram is sitting inside some engineer's computer at Forest River.

Thanks for your help.
Lloyd
Old 11-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #6

If you look at some of the competitor's campers, you will find cabinets filled with plumbing and wiring. FR has done a nice job of routing much of this out of sight. I'm sure they wouldn't want the competition to have a copy of their layout.

We are having the same problem getting schematics for some electronics we've purchased at work.

I'd be amazed if they'd give us copies of wiring diagrams. I can foresee that my RF cable tracer is going to be very handy at some point!
https://www.2manytoyz.com/
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #7

Shucks! I've tried getting my hands on a fuse block diagram for the coach side and Forest City is of no help --- even the owner's manual is of no help.

It sure would be nice to know what fuse protects the backup camera system, or the electric steps, or even the 12-volt coach lights. Guess I'll have to spend a few hours pulling each fuse and then trying to determine what component doesn't work and make my own diagram.
MisterBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #8

I just traded for a HR Scepter Diesel pusher. They have the entire schematics right in the owners manual. No muss or fuss, just go to the component in question and they have it listed by the wiring code color and routing. IMO this should be a must for all RV manufacturers.

Lloyd
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman View Post
I just traded for a HR Scepter Diesel pusher. They have the entire schematics right in the owners manual. No muss or fuss, just go to the component in question and they have it listed by the wiring code color and routing. IMO this should be a must for all RV manufacturers.

Lloyd

Kman...yer dang near my neighbor! I camped at Lake Ashtabula a few years back. The owner prolly still remembers me!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #10

Howdy neighbor. You must have setup camp at either Astubula Crossing or Sibley then. Next time you get through the area consider spending a night at the Frontier Fort Campground in Jamestown (It's right off the interstate). The campground is just average but the ribs they serve are outstanding and reasonable!! I think last time I paid $7.95 for the whole rib dinner. The meat falls right off the bone they're so tender.

Lloyd
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Yep...it was Sibley Campground.
Those sound like good ribs! I make trips out that way to Bismarck. Last year, we almost bought a lot on Green Lake near Wishek. Decided not too, just because it was further away than we liked.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #12

I have a 99 Forrest RIver Sierra FW. Who do I need to contact to get the electrical schematic? The last thing I want to do is take it in for three accessory lights outside of the camper. I just thought I would like everything to work onit. I did get it for steal but there is always money to spend.
morganbird78 is offline   Reply With Quote