Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #1

2005 34fk questions

I recently purchased a 2005 work and play 34fk 5th wheel. I have a few questions about them if someone could help me. Its set up for a second AC unit and I would like to get one but I have no idea where to start looking for one. Next issue is that it sits so low to the ground. It has a leaf spring suspension so can I just add lift blocks to get some more ground clearance? And finally weight. Anyone have one of these and know your dry weight
Mac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #2

I can give you a few generic answers. First I got my A/C from local rv dealer( my first one found a low wire), or many mobile teks I have heard are willing to install. Second most trailers post dry weight on inside of door frame though my friends older Wildcat doesn’t appear to have had one. If you tire chart or other stickers are on the forward driver side look there or on the inside of storage door. You could do an internet search most sellers list dry weight. With all that said I would hook it up and take to nearest scale and get real weight.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #3

Thank you it has a tag but its faded so bad I can't read it
Mac81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:10 AM   #4
Brake is on left

Generic dry weight is 9100, but that doesn't mean much. The gross weight is what you should really base anything on- tow vehicle, bridge crossings, etc. The dry weight is the basic trailer without options, batteries and LP tanks.
AC can be found through a host of on line retailers as well as many RV service centers nation wide. If you need it installed, then going through a local RV shop would be your best bet. If the TT is "pre wired" then it should be fairly easy.
So far as lifting- it can be done but it definitely affects the stability on the road. The most common method is axle flipping. If your axles are on top of the springs, relocating them under the springs will give you about 4". Just make sure you extend the brake lines too.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #5

My 2007 34FK has the rubber torsion style of suspension. The reason they are all so low to the ground is to make it easy to drive something up the ramp. If you do alter the suspension height, make sure that is not an issue.
beyerjf is offline   Reply With Quote