Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #1

27 ulps vs 27 ulsbs

Hey guys I found these two models for sale. And the ulps is a lot cheaper. I am curious if there is any difference besides the floor plan is very similar?
Summit151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #2

I have a 2013 ULSBS, purchased in October 2017 for $17,300. I thought that I had overpaid by a little but had lost on a previous one because I was being cheap. I did not like the idea of a shower and sink being in the bedroom (ULPS). I also have a HAPPIJAC bed in the garage with overhead cabinets on only one side, and no couches which leaves more width for motorcycles. We've used it twice since purchasing, once for a week in Florida (November) and another for 11 days in Daytona for Bike Week (March). And going again after April 5th. I've replaced the tires (they were 5 years old), I replaced the kitchen countertop and the hall sink countertop, replaced the "Exterior Shower" compartment because the door had been damaged (PO) by the vent from the water heater, and done some other personalization type modifications, and CLEANED it. Which one are you more inclined to purchase and how much are they asking? I really don't think there are any other differences other than floor plan and which options were ordered, i.e. cabinets, couches, tables, etc..
ABFJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #3

How well does your tow with it being a 30 foot camper?. And I can’t get a answer back from the ulps seller I’m thinking it sold. But would still like a work and play hauler
Summit151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #4

I've got the 7.3L diesel in my F250 and it will pull almost anything. We've only used the w&p twice since we purchased in October, once with bicycles and once with my Street Glide. I always travel with about a half tank of water in case of emergency or planned boondocking or other needs, so I consider myself somewhat on the heavy side. I am not as educated on equalizer hitches as I need to be but I am learning. The camper pulls fine. As you are probably aware the overall length of the 275 is 34'; the box is 27'6". This is the longest "trailer" that I have pulled and I am somewhat intimidated when and where to stop for fuel as it takes a good bit of space to get in and out without having to go to the diesel pumps at a truck stop.
Since we live in Georgia and both trips have been to Florida we have only traveled on "flat" ground, not to the mountains. But, I have seen large trailers being pulled by lesser trucks going up mountain Interstates. Your profile doesn't say where you live or what your tow vehicle is. I am thinking that I read where the dry weight of the 275 is 7,700 lbs. =/-.
We usually take a trip every 6 to 8 weeks for a week or so. I got back home on the March 19th and she and I would have left this past week but Easter with the family this Sunday and the Christening of our newest granddaughter next Sunday put any plans on hold until after the 7th. But that time also allows me to make any repairs or modifications for our convenience to the trailer. Right now it is replacing the interior shower faucets because one will not shut off and we have to use the on/off at the shower head to control that function. But as you are probably aware, usually when you purchase "used", you will have repairs to make to something. I am also fabricating and installing a threshold plate at the rear of the garage floor; the small, thin aluminum angle was pulled out and twisted when I grabbed my front brake when unloading my motorcycle.
Let me know what you buy. I really like my ULSBS and sure there are things that I'd change but that goes with everything that I buy. If I had more experience in towing it I'd tell you but I am still learning. It's heavier than anything else I've pulled but I take it slow and easy. I don't go over 60 mph and usually a little under that. I'm retired, if you don't like the speed I'm driving, go around me.
ABFJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #5

I just picked up a 2013 WPT25UL that is configured similar to the WPT27ULPS with the shower in the bedroom. For my use, I specifically wanted the 25UL as wanted the shortest length yet wanted to be able to fit my small boat (on its trailer) or CanAm Maveric (with wide wheel base). I can fit the boat and two dirt bikes or the CanAm an one of the bikes easily.

I looked at the newer models and did not like the ones with the bathroom / bedroom in separate rooms as it made getting into the bed difficult and it just looked like it would be a hot space on summer nights (little room for air circulation). The bathroom in those models was rather cramped too. More important to me was that the kitchen configuration was slightly different with a longer kitchen top one side - this would prevent the loading of my CanAm - a deal breaker... So I went fore a preowned model for less than half the cost of new. I don't think mine was used much as it is clean. Still had the plastic film on appliances. Did not look like tanks were ever used either. I think stove may have been used once by looks of the metal grate above one burner.

I have not towed this much - longest was to pickup and bring home. Pickup was northern KY and I brought to East TN (400+miles) - so I did a bit of winding through the mountains on I75. Pulled with my Chevy 2500 crew cab diesel - I used a load leveler hitch for 1000-lbs. and no sway control, electronic brakes on trailer active. Tongue weight was about 950-lbs (I weighed it). Tanks were all empty so I was close to the base weight of 6152. I had no problems towing at all. It pulled like a dream with max speed of 70+mph. I had no problems with wind when being passed or passing trucks - i really did not even feel it push like i can with my single axle boat trailer or 12' box trailer. of course though, mileage sucked, something like 11mpg for the trip. of course that is close to what i get (13mpg) when I pull the 12' box trailer. I plan to put a replacement fuel tank in my truck so that I can be selective about stopping to refuel. Car diesel stops are tough to stuff a crew cab truck AND 30' of trailer behind you. Think the replacement tank is 2x the capacity but then all my mileage gauges will be off - not sure if they can be reprogramed.

I don't think they use the same rigid tank materials like that in boats in these things as feels a lot more flimsy so don't think can add any fittings directly into the tanks. May try to figure how to add to outflow lines an inflow only (one way) with seacock to attach a freshwater "in" cleaning line. this would just to be to flood the tank and rinse out. I plan to use for a season first to see if it is really necessary. I have something like this on my sport fish boat to clean out tanks as in marine applications the tanks are pumped out (they sit low in boat and below pump out station) and never fully empty so we add water, pump, add water, pump,... etc to get sludge out of black holding tanks.
privateer is offline   Reply With Quote