Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 PM   #1

34WRS Purchase Price

Just did an online inquiry into buying a new one of these. Want to know from the experienced individuals here if the price is solid. My amateur research seems to say yes. I asked them to send me the invoice and here is the breakdown below.

It has the following:

Red Exterior color 725
Queen Electric Bed W/Sofas 2893
32" Flat Screen TV 863
30 Gal Fuel Station 1232
Generator Prep 435
50 Amp Upgrade 399
Max Air Vent 289
2nd A/C 1298
24" x 12" LED Panel Light 87
Overhead Cabinet 218
Patio Ramp Door System 1449
5500 Generator 5003
Expresso Interior N/C
Max Air in Cargo Area N/C
2nd A/C in Bedroom N/C
Class A CDL Fee 218
Freight 2955
Other Permits and Fees 64

Purchase Price 42,362.00
Options 18,126.00
MSRP 60,488.00

I initially asked for a best price other than the $55k asking price on their website and they put it back to me saying rather than us guessing, tell us what price you are looking for. I told them in my part of the country the dealers give you a bottom line no haggle price straight purchase no trade in. That seemed to have done the trick as they replied back with a bottom line purchase price of $43,200 not counting temporary registration and sales tax in my home state.

This unit is in Tucson and I live in Minneapolis. I have to go out there anyway to assist my parents with a few things in Phoenix anyway, so this is not necessarily ridiculous. The fuel and time part is the additional expense.

Thoughts??
Millette56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #2

How about a generator ? For that price it should have one.
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #3

I guess you did not see it in that list. It is an Onan 5500 generator.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:30 PM   #4

http://www.berrylandcampers.com/toy-...r-n017468.html
You can look and call for a price and compare price.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

I do not get what the LED Panel Light is? Also, what about the queen bed is electric? Does it have electric motors that raise it to get to the storage underneath?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #6

No idea on the LEDs, but yes for the motor on the electric bed.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #7

Some have LEDs on the front cap and under the awning
Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #8

I just realized it is talking about the bed in the cargo area. For some reason I thought it was referencing electric motors to raise the bed up front to get to the storage underneath. The patio door system it talks about, is that the enclosures on the ramp that give you that sort of enclosed area raised off the ground?
Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 PM   #9

Could check Scottsdale RV
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #10

What type of toy are you going to haul?
Yes bed in garage, but your says w sofa under which is nice you could make 2 beds if needed.
Patios are nice if you would use them. Need some type of enclosure to keep the garage cool the hot summer days. While the patio is down.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #11

I sold my 2011 30WR over a year ago. When I was shopping I found that I could save a bundle if I was willing to go get it. I live in Oregon and found it new at a dealer in Fort Worth TX. At the time MSRP was about 32k I got it for 22.5k. I can't believe how much they have gone up in price just in the 14 months since I sold mine. It worked out well for me being I had the trailer for 6 years and sold it for more than I paid for it...

In Oregon they list for over 50k. But you do a little shopping on RVTrader on the interweb and you can see that prices vary geographically a great deal. I saw this one in Virgina for 33.9k

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Joh...4WRS-119560602

A couple of things. These trailers are heavy...Check your weights. Also I know the W&P has been redesigned lately but have they cleaned up that insulated underbelly they were doing a few years ago with spray foam?...That really did not look that great...
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #12

Local Dealers

Just a heads up...you may want to do all you can to work with your local dealers. They can provide better service to those that purchase from them. Forest River has a massive campaign going to encourage purchasing locally. If you absolutely have to buy out of state, it would be wise to check with your local Forest River service center to see if their policy allows them to service units not purchased there for warranty. Now this is not the Forest River policy but the independent companies policies that sometimes can be a burden. Just some food for thought.
RVMANIAC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #13

Dave Arbogast Rv in troy Ohio has them listed under 34k.
Big Red and 30WR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #14

Arbogast usually has better prices
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #15

The ones for less than 40k don't have half the options this trailer had. over 18k of options. Frost RV in Tuscan was happy to match the price of this trailer for me.(minus options) I simply asked... You do however have higher delivery charges the further west you are. I am in Las Vegas and Traveled to Tuscan delivery to AZ is 3k alone...
Slaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #16

Did he buy it? Frost said they just sold a red one recently. I live in Tucson.They have a nice W & P 25 WAB (30') on the lot now.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #17

yes. purchased it Friday. Had an issue with the hitch coupler not wanting to lock. They replaced it for me, I'm picking it up tomorrow! I'm putting a Jeep YJ in the back so I needed the 14 foot garage.
Slaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaza View Post
yes. purchased it Friday. Had an issue with the hitch coupler not wanting to lock. They replaced it for me, I'm picking it up tomorrow! I'm putting a Jeep YJ in the back so I needed the 14 foot garage.
Congratulations! Just drove by and it is sitting outside.

Jack
Old 04-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #19

Do you have a W & P dealer in Vegas? There is one in Yuma and Scottsdale also. Frost RV is not the most reputable dealer here in the Tucson area. Also, they have a very limited repair facility. Let the buyer beware.

If you are out of town and need repairs it will not make any difference. Chas Hood (Forest River W & P) will steer you to someone who can do the warranty work.

I stopped by to see if you might be there. I tried to give them a couple of tips but was basically told they did not have time unless I was spending money there. I have owned two W & P's. Your front swell latches are too loose on the front panels. Make sure your tow battery charger connection is connected. if not a low battery will burn out the refrigerator when on gas.

Both Chev/GMC and Ford do not hook this up to the battery from the factory. Ford furnishes a fuse in the glove box that needs to be put in for it to keep trailer battery charged. Chev/ GMC require a wire be connected to the battery.

Hope this helps. Have Fun, life is short.

Jack
Old 04-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
Do you have a W & P dealer in Vegas? There is one in Yuma and Scottsdale also. Frost RV is not the most reputable dealer here in the Tucson area. Also, they have a very limited repair facility. Let the buyer beware.

If you are out of town and need repairs it will not make any difference. Chas Hood (Forest River W & P) will steer you to someone who can do the warranty work.

I stopped by to see if you might be there. I tried to give them a couple of tips but was basically told they did not have time unless I was spending money there. I have owned two W & P's. Your front swell latches are too loose on the front panels. Make sure your tow battery charger connection is connected. if not a low battery will burn out the refrigerator when on gas.

Both Chev/GMC and Ford do not hook this up to the battery from the factory. Ford furnishes a fuse in the glove box that needs to be put in for it to keep trailer battery charged. Chev/ GMC require a wire be connected to the battery.

Hope this helps. Have Fun, life is short.

Jack
Can you explain the tow battery charger, and the ford part. I have a 01 for superduty. Ive had to strap a jump box to the battery one time cause it was low on voltage when I just got mine.
Goats is offline   Reply With Quote