Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #1

Business Must Be Good

I've called two different dealers about buying a new 30WRS and they were suppose to follow up with some order information via email and I've yet to here back. Looking to order a 30WRS with the fueling station and generator prep with or without a generator in the white color. Everything I've seen online from dealers do not have a fueling station or tank for a generator.

What other options should be considered?

Is there such thing as a volume Work and Play dealer with discounted prices?

I will consider dealing with a dealer a 1000 miles away from Houston if the price is right.

CampDawg
Campdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #2

My dealership for my 30WRS was RV Outlet in Danville, Va. They are a volume toy hauler dealership and I had already bought from them before. The 30WRS was in stock and I got a fantastic deal. But looking at there website, they have no Work & Plays in stock.

My next option would have been Bob Ledford's in SC. They carry a LOT of Work & Plays but even now, they don't even show a 30WRS in stock. But I imagine they could order it. Plus, they're a little closer to TX than Danville, Va.

Bob Ledford's Adventure Motorhomes | Greer, SC | South Carolina's #1 in Volume - 400 units | Forest River, Tiffin, Tasca, Pleasure Way, Entegra Dealer near Columbia, SC

Even Berryland Campers in La. show no Work & Plays. Odd.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #3

One more thing to add. Work & Plays are a little lower than most toy haulers. I had the dealership move my rear stabilizer jacks closer to the rear axle. Then underneath the back of the camper, they welded two rollers so if the rear was to drag, the rollers would keep the back from getting torn up.

If you're hauling something like two quads, you may want to consider leaving the rear beds out. They take up a decent amount of room back there. But one quad or a motorcycle would be no problem. The guy who bought mine did so to haul his Harley and they just recently took it to Sturgis.

One last thing. Heavy duty electric tongue jack. The tongue on these things is HEAVY.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #4

Sturgis is on my bucket list for next year. I have a travel trailer now and we have to leave the Harley TriGide behind whenever we travel.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #5

Found mine on-line with several different searches. First found one in
Burlington, WA (Black, no generator), then one in GA, then found the one
I bought in Montana (White, generator, fueling station).

From where I live in NE Washington, it was closer to drive to Kalispell than to Burlington....and I wanted white.

Few and far between. Good luck.
BTW mine is a 2017 so I don't think it was in stock very long...
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #6

I ordered mine, I shopped around for in stock ones and couldnt find what I wanted. The factory rep happened to be at the dealer the day I went to order, which was nice. It took 12 weeks IRC. Factory rep asked me 3 times, are you sure you want solid white ? Yes sir solid white... I ordered mine with 6" extra height. If your a tall guy like me, might be something to think about. If ya plan to camp in colder weather the winter or artic package could be helpful. Spray foam on bottom, bigger furnace, heated tanks, etc. I camp/race year round and have been in the low 20's with no issues.
JCMINIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMINIS View Post
.... If ya plan to camp in colder weather the winter or artic package could be helpful. Spray foam on bottom, bigger furnace, heated tanks, etc. I camp/race year round and have been in the low 20's with no issues.
Excellent point. Last winter during an ice storm, we lost power one night and it was in the low 20s. We all went to the W&P to fire up the generators and watch a DVD. With the LP heat pumping and a space heater, we still had to keep the blankets on us. It just couldn't get "warm" like you would think it would.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #8

I saw one used in VA on rvtrader but it's certainly a road trip to get. Couldn't a local dealer order one?
Schlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlava View Post
I saw one used in VA on rvtrader but it's certainly a road trip to get. Couldn't a local dealer order one?
My local dealer wants close to MSRP. I'm willing to take a road trip to save a couple of grand.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #10

I love road trips to buy new toys. I'll find the link to it
Schlava is offline   Reply With Quote