Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 PM   #1

New owner of 2013 275ULSBS

I had looked at a 2015 25ULA but didn't pull the trigger in time and it was sold. I found the 275ULSBS a lot closer to my home than the other was, and the few extra feet won't matter that much. Brought it home yesterday and I am beginning my "personalization". One thing that I will be replacing immediately is tires. The owner (2nd) said that they were on there when he bought it and he thought they were original. Original or not, there is some very minor cracking but 5 years is long enough and they will be replaced before it goes anywhere else. I've looked at some 10 ply rated tires, the Carlisle and one from China called a Tire Maxx Power King. I have two of the Power Kings now on an ALUMA MC210 motorcycle trailer and they are performing very nicely. The way that I see it, if I have a tire go out it will probably NOT be in a location to get any warranty or adjustment on the damaged tire, so why worry about that issue? I'd rather get a quality tire at a reasonable price with a history of dependability. I may be thinking this all wrong and would appreciate educated opinions.
ABFJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #2

Make sure you have two spares!
Don’t leave home without it!
Cajun Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Style View Post
Make sure you have two spares!
Don’t leave home without it!
Agreed. 2 spares always for me.

Also, I have experience with those 2 tires. My old 5'er came with Power Kings. I had 1 catastrophic failure and 2 delams in the first six months. Switched to Carlisle and didn't have another issue for the next 4 years.
WERA #13
'17 Work and Play 25WB
'11 F350 DRW
T11ravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #4

Thank you for the replies. I ordered 4 of the Carlisle Load Range "E". The Power Kings are working fine on the motorcycle trailer (Aluma MC210) but they are dealing with a lot less weight and totally different circumstances.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:44 PM   #5

If anyone is reading my posts, we took the TH out on a "shake down" trip just before Thanksgiving for 5 nights and everything worked as it should have. The original owner seemed to have completed all of the general maintenance and upkeep. But me being the kind that prefers to work on things in the driveway rather than on the side of the road, I also went thru everything before leaving as I always do. This TH shows very little wear and tear from the previous owner. We did add a 6 inch memory foam topper to the mattress, and it sleeps like home.
The wife and I usually take multiple short (5-7 days) trips rather than long extended ones just because of family commitments. With Christmas coming and the "snowbirds" heading south for the winter, filling up the campgrounds, we will be somewhat limited on our excursions for a few months. I already have reservations in Daytona for BikeWeek in March and Biketoberfest in October, the other trips we just wing it.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:06 AM   #6

Sounds like you are enjoying it!

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags