Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageChic View Post
So - I guess there are not "lemon" laws with trailers? haha. I gotta be honest with ya - if you want to sell it, you may want to tone it down. Scared me! I say that with a smile - but, seriously. If I found a used W&P on this site, I would buy it. But, dude - not yours!
Quote:
Am I going to get in trouble for asking another question without starting a new thread? So, I've read that some dealers won't work on W&P trailers that are bought from other states. From what I can see - there are FOUR W&P that have the majority of the options I am looking for in Texas. And, Texas is a big state. FOUR. But, there are a lot in Arizona. Have you all ran into the problem with local dealers not servicing out-of-state purchases? And, 2nd - if we order from our local Texas dealer, will we end up getting hosed on the price? Is it better to buy one off the lot than order one exactly like you want?
Thanks!
Any dealer will work on your W & P after authorization from FR. The few things I have done were at Lazy Days and Mesa RV here in Tucson. They are not Work and Play dealers. We do have a new W & P dealer in town but I prefer Lazy Daze. And that has not been a problem.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #42

My point is, I am trying to keep other people from making the same mistake I did. I am not willing to pawn my junk off on some other unsuspecting consumer. Jack, we are not as stupid as you think
Concerned tax payer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned tax payer View Post
My point is, I am trying to keep other people from making the same mistake I did. I am not willing to pawn my junk off on some other unsuspecting consumer. Jack, we are not as stupid as you think

But aren't you selling it for 18k. Are you telling the interested parties what you post here?
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
Also forgot last year I lost trailer brakes , Come to find out they ran the brake wire under the frame over top of the axle . So you know what happened . I won`t buy another one because I only use mine one week a year . But if I did I`d look a custom builder , I would look into Logan coach or a company like them . I know its a lot more money but I believe the quality is a lot better .
We have talked about buying an aluminum horse trailer and having it built out to spec. Featherlite and Sundowner both manufacture toy haulers you can buy off the lot. But, we'd end up with 60K in something that we probably will only keep for 5-6 years. We both are getting up in age - I don't see us riding motorcycles 10 years from now. Unfortunately, we aren't in the position where money isn't a big part of the equation.
HeritageChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #45

We did the same, price turned us away.

One thing you will want to pay very close attention to. Tongue weight. As in, not enough.

I don't know what the 25WB or 25WAB are like. However, my father had a Cruiser Stryker 2812. Beautiful. Slide out, front bedroom, smooth sidewalls... you couldn't put the bikes (victory cross country and a Yamaha cruiser) in the back without terrible sway issues with a 2500. We had to move one up almost to the door and the other had the rear wall of the slideout by the foot rest. A single RZR 900 had to be as far forward as possible.

My 30FBW doesn't know when we have 2 RZR in there.

Be very careful. Just because it can carry 4-5000 lbs, doesn't mean it will tow nice with 2000 behind the trailer axles.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
But aren't you selling it for 18k. Are you telling the interested parties what you post here?
The post you guys closed is at 7250 views now and not one person offered to buy it. My pictures have been viewed a lot. Must have hit a nerve, 5000 views in 48 hours and you closed it down for discussion. Do you work for Forest River?
Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #47

To answer your question I am telling tons of people about the roof. Including the dealers. I run a successful business that gets jobs up to 400 miles away with an unlisted phone number and no advertising so I do understand business
Old 08-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #48

Quote:
Can we all assume then that you will be showing everyone all your negative posts here to your new prospective buyers.

("I am not willing to pawn my junk off on some other unsuspecting consumer")
Old 08-18-2017, 12:05 AM   #49

Trust me on this Jack, ethics are important to me and my business. We quit doing work for the modular home side of the W & P dealer here because of this camper. Selling this camper with full disclosure is the only way I would even consider getting rid of this. I posted pictures of the roof and the video of the front cover coming off on my Craigslist advertisement . Do you work for Forest River or W & P?
Old 08-18-2017, 06:23 AM   #50

Quote:
Selling this camper with full disclosure is the only way I would even consider getting rid of this. I posted pictures of the roof and the video of the front cover coming off on my Craigslist advertisement . Do you work for Forest River or W & P?

So you sold it then or gave up on selling it? There is no listing for your WnP on the Billings or surrounding area CL.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #51

The advertisements timed out, even listed it on Las Vegas Craigslist where they don't have a lot of rain and never got a call, even listed it in South Dakota when Sturgis bike rally was going on, all the different websites and forums that I've posted those pictures on am estimating 50,000 views, I have put the pictures of that roof everywhere, do you work for Forest River or W&P
Old 08-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #52

Smile

50,000 might be a little light, there's 20,000 or more just on this forum. The huge depreciation thread had 1300 views overnight and 5,000 in 48 hours until they closed the thread. The gentleman at corporate Forest River is the one that would not even talk, he said just keep posting pictures, so I am
Old 08-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #53

Quote:
We did the same, price turned us away.

One thing you will want to pay very close attention to. Tongue weight. As in, not enough.

I don't know what the 25WB or 25WAB are like. However, my father had a Cruiser Stryker 2812. Beautiful. Slide out, front bedroom, smooth sidewalls... you couldn't put the bikes (victory cross country and a Yamaha cruiser) in the back without terrible sway issues with a 2500. We had to move one up almost to the door and the other had the rear wall of the slideout by the foot rest. A single RZR 900 had to be as far forward as possible.

My 30FBW doesn't know when we have 2 RZR in there.

Be very careful. Just because it can carry 4-5000 lbs, doesn't mean it will tow nice with 2000 behind the trailer axles.

Thank you! this is exactly the kind of helpful information I am looking for. It is scary when you "don't know what you don't know".
HeritageChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #54

Quote:
Thank you! this is exactly the kind of helpful information I am looking for. It is scary when you "don't know what you don't know".

The 25WAB appears to have quite bit of tongue weight for its size.

Also, if you read everything online bad about a product you might never buy anything ever again. More people go online to complain about an issue (real or perceived) than people do to praise.

ALL brands will have their failures and short comings. My father has had failures on much more expensive RV than a WnP. Some couldn't be resolved at the dealer level. He has had fridge failure, water heater that would never work right, roof leak (rounded roof) axle alignment issues and just poor construction(soft spots on ramp).

They are lightly built to be towed and are towed over rough and bumpy roads. A dedicated yearly or bi yearly inspection and maintenance of all RV is a must.

The WnP brand is built more like a cargo trailer shell. There are advantages to his like strength. And disadvantages like the roof construction.

I was surprised how well mine withstood a tire blow out. I've seen other trailers loose 6-8' of sidewall from these events.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #55

I would have to agree with what Drittal says. Only complainers post negative and those who are happy never post. I am here to learn more about the product I am using and share ideas. After nine Motor homes and two Toy Haulers I have yet to find one that is perfect or that will always remain that way forever.

Some peoples expectations do not meet reality and they are never happy with anything. Some problems are caused by neglect and lack of knowledge or maintenance and some just get a Lemon. If you approach the warranty people with a real world problem and are civil in your dealings most manufacturer's will do there best to resolve them. If you are a screaming idiot and have no diplomacy in your dealings you will probably get ignored.

"You catch more flies with Honey than you do with Vinegar".

Jack
Old 08-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #56

I don't understand the modus operandi of somebody here who hasn't actually experienced an issue with his W&P roof but takes over threads with how flawed his roof is. Chaz Hood has told him that is how they are built and built like that on purpose. There is nothing W&P can do for him as there isn't an issue. His issue is he wasn't aware of how it was constructed before he purchased it but can't take the blame for not doing enough research on a 30k investment. The only thing he can do is either deal with it, do the inspections, get a cover, and park it slightly off level to minimize the risk. Or sell it. While he claims to be a good business man, he must not understand economics or sales if he is purposefully trying to sabotage his chances of recouping a larger share of his initial investment. There isn't anything actually wrong with his roof, just perceived defect. Yes, they will all hold water in areas. Yes there is a seam all the way around the otherwise 1 of aluminum roof where it meets the sides and nose piece. Yes the swell latches can be a pain.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:03 PM   #57

Newbie with ?'s - WAB the strongest?

So to the OP, here is my roof.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1697.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	148613
It's a warm sunny day, so the aluminum is expanded a little bit because it's warm so there are ripples and waves in the single sheet. The caulking around the seam is 2.5-3" wide and about 3/8" thick. I never park it for extended periods completely level. In the winter it gets a cover and no heat inside so I don't have to worry about freeze and thaw cycles. I leave the nose less than half a bubble high and slightly curb side low to limit standing water...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	341.3 KB
ID:	148614Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	148617

Here is where water will puddle long enough to stain... the back curb side corner.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1698.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	148615

Inspect your seals for cracks or lifting.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #58

Quote:
I don't understand the modus operandi of somebody here who hasn't actually experienced an issue with his W&P roof but takes over threads with how flawed his roof is. Chaz Hood has told him that is how they are built and built like that on purpose. There is nothing W&P can do for him as there isn't an issue. His issue is he wasn't aware of how it was constructed before he purchased it but can't take the blame for not doing enough research on a 30k investment. The only thing he can do is either deal with it, do the inspections, get a cover, and park it slightly off level to minimize the risk. Or sell it. While he claims to be a good business man, he must not understand economics or sales if he is purposefully trying to sabotage his chances of recouping a larger share of his initial investment. There isn't anything actually wrong with his roof, just perceived defect. Yes, they will all hold water in areas. Yes there is a seam all the way around the otherwise 1 of aluminum roof where it meets the sides and nose piece. Yes the swell latches can be a pain.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

"Don't fix it if it ain't broke".

Jack
Old 08-18-2017, 10:59 PM   #59

Jaherbst and Drittal, are you Chas Hood or do you work for Forest River
Old 08-19-2017, 12:49 AM   #60

Show us a picture of the front seam, you only showed us the side seam. Run some water on it and retake your pictures.

Tags